New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Intro from Connecticut

Old 08-31-2005, 10:50 AM
Default Intro from Connecticut

New member from Southington , CT between NYC and Boston. I am original owner of a 1996 Camry LE 4 cyl. Up until January this year, my wife was the primary driver. I only drove it on vacation trips. With the gas situation in the Northeast such BS, I was forced to stop commuting in my ZR2 4x4 getting 16mpg ( when I tried ) and start using the Camry. My Camry has been totally problem free. It was dealer maintained through the warranty then I took over with the oil changes and routine stuff. For a little Jap car, it rides good. The acceleration is okay for a 4 banger. I get 32 mpg. I took the p.o.s. Dunlap A2's off and put Perrelli P400's on. They made a BIG difference in handling with the stiffer sidewalls. The suspension is all original still with 120,000 miles. The rear brakes are original. The car came with all leather interior, power moon roof, CD player, power everything else. It still looks good except for chips on the hood from all the miles on the highway. I was looking for a site similar to the other forums I've joined and I'm glad I found this site.

Even though I am an acceleration junkie ( SMOKEM refers to my other vehicle) , my daily commute of 35 miles each way SUCKS SO BAD that I relegated myself to letting all the maniacs drive whatever way they like, speed, tailgate, cut people off, swerve in and out of traffic, basically treat the highway like they are extras in the Fast and Furious movie or some PS2 video game, and just drive my *** to work being glad I made it once again !
Looking forward to reading other members experiences with their Toyotas and maybe picking up some insight that will let my car last a little longer and run a little better.

SMOKEM

Old 08-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Default RE: Intro from Connecticut

Hey there smokem, great to have u join us! Im the proud owner of a 1998 gen 4 Camry. i mainly picked a camry cause i liked the shape and it was something different to wat my friends have (they've all got turboed skylines and 180's and silvias). So needless to say ive got the slowest car of my car group , but i love my camry to death and eventually put either a turbo or supercharger on it. so far it has only a 2.2litre 4cyl engine, extractors, 2 inch sports exhaust all the way through and a 3 inch cannon style muffler finishing it off , i ahve pics sumwhere on the forum lol, i think there either in appearance or another one.

But anyway welcome to the site

Dan Lemur