New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

My first new Camry

Old 06-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Default My first new Camry

The wife drove a 97 Camry when I first met her about 13 years ago. She gave that one to her sister when we bought her a Cadillac XLR (the 97 is still alive and well BTW). Well we recently traded in the Caddy for a new Camry. We originally wanted a Corvette Convertible since the XLR was a retractile top and the wife loves driving top down, (hey we're in Cali). But Corvettes are only rag tops and we were skeptical about parking a rag top where she works. We had a Vette all picked out and she changed her mind at the last minute. "Maybe I should just get a two year old Camry I loved my last one". So I started looking at Camrys. Although a Vette sounded great I'm not disappointed at all with choosing the Camry instead. Two of the biggest things she loved about the Caddy was the adaptive cruise control and the heads up display. When I told her that the new Camrys came with both she was sold.

We bought a nice one, its a Blue Streak / Midnight XSE black interior with all the options. Sticker was over 39K cuz it had everything except mudguards (don't want or need them, again we're in California). I just love the black top because its not really black it has blue and silver metallic in it, looks awesome in the sun.

A little about us, I was a dealer mechanic at a Volvo dealer for 20 years so I know cars. Worked at Alldata for another 10 years as the senior editor for the European group until I got sick of being in a cubicle all day. I'm basically a GM guy but I got nothing against Toyotas heck I bought a new one. I work for Stage 8 Fasteners now, keeping nuts and bolts tight, The wife comes from a Physics background so she's smarter than most people I know and certainly me, she now works as a production planner for a food delivery service. We live in the SF Bay Area, I was born here and grew up in the Napa Valley she is originally from North Dakota by way of Nevada and landed in the Sacramento area in the early 80"s.

Anyway I've gone on long enough, looking forward to this new car and interacting with the Camry forum. Thanks for having me.

Glenn Thompson

Old 06-06-2018, 06:32 PM

Congrats on your new Camry. I have a BSM 2018 Camry XSE as well. Mines all blue. Did little things to it to make it unique some. From socal here in OC. Hope you enjoy your new car as much as i am enjoying mine..

Old 06-16-2018, 08:05 PM

They are awesome ,hope she loves it....