Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Need help and introduction (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/need-help-introduction-39165/)

freelancer1988 07-31-2011 09:48 PM

Need help and introduction

New Camry owner here. I have a white 1996 Camry LE 4cyl. I am in the middle of restoring it. The previous owner did not take care of it and let it go. I have to basically replace the entire front end. (both fenders, hood, grill, headlights, and side markers.) I also have to replace the outer tie rods, the passenger inner tie rod, passenger control arm, brake pads, rotors, and all the struts. I don't know if it is worth all this work... but I got it for free, lol. In reality, it is going to cost me a little, but atleast it runs and drives. I just got around to replacing all the bulbs in the interior... (all were burnt out). I was also wondering if the transmission selector had a bulb? Right under the shifter area?

Anyways, Hope to learn a little here. lol

toyomoho 08-01-2011 11:00 AM

I suppose if you can find a cheap donor car it might be worth it.

Are the struts leaking or damaged, if otherwise OK might wait on these to save costs.

There is one bulb under the shifter gear selector indicator panel.

Try RockAuto Auto Parts for parts.

freelancer1988 08-04-2011 11:18 PM

yeah, the struts are going to be the last thing on the list. They are leaking a little, so I will replace them... It is mainly because It got hit in the fender and I feel safer having newer struts up front at least... but I will replace all 4.

freelancer1988 08-04-2011 11:23 PM

I don't want to start a new thread... but I have recently had a problem with the blower motor not kicking on. When I switch on the blower... I get a click from the blower relay under the passenger side dash. Also... It does not work on any speed at all. I hear about the motor resistor going out and it working only on high... So Not sure of the resistor being the problem. I also pulled the blower motor and it works when I run 12v to it. Soo... Any clues. I too searched, but again no success to my specific problem. Radio also works and the 40amp fuse under the hood is good. So is the 10amp fuse next to the blower relay. I also swapped the blower relay and the ignition relay and still no go... Sorry for m crappy writing. lol

toyomoho 08-05-2011 10:37 AM

Blower motor power comes from a circuit breaker and flows through the relay to the motor.

It is possible for the relay to work but due to a tripped breaker no power will flow. Make sure the motor is getting 12V when the relay is on.

The ground wire circuit from the motor runs through the resistors at low speeds and bypasses them at high speed depending on the switch selection, then to ground.

Make sure the ground wire for the motor eventually reaches ground. Meaning the motor may have 12V but something in the wiring on the switch-resistor side is wrong and the motor circuit is not grounded.

freelancer1988 08-05-2011 06:01 PM

Thank you again. I found a short in a wire going to the controls. It is all fixed now. It was crazy. lol. Now back to the restore work. lol

toyomoho 08-05-2011 10:17 PM

Great!