Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New from PA (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-pa-39081/)

09TRDSE 07-16-2011 08:14 PM

New from PA

Hi everyone! I am new to Camry Forums. I have an 09 Camry SE which is lowered on TRD springs at the moment. Trying to decide on a new set of rims but i do like the factory SE alloys so there's no hurry. I Just bought the car at the end of may and lowered it the 3rd day i had it. I'll post some pics soon. I bought my Camry mainly for the gas mileage, but the looks of the SE package didnt hurt either. Lol. I traded in a Mazda RX8 which was killing me on gas. ( 15 mpg on premium) So, anyway, hope to hear from you guys and see whats all in here to see and learn.

~Dan~

TwoCamSam 07-18-2011 04:41 PM

Welcome one and all! I am also pretty new to this forum, been eyeing it for a while and decided to join actually recently. I do not have a Camry of my own, but I am looking to get one and this forum is nothing but great help if you decide to look for a new car or need help with your current one. How does your car handle? and was it tough to get rid of the RX8?

09TRDSE 07-18-2011 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by TwoCamSam (Post 64983)
How does your car handle? and was it tough to get rid of the RX8?

The Camry handles awesome. The TRD springs do not slam the car to the ground, they drop it enough to eliminate alot of the nasty body roll it has cornering at stock height. My wife has an 07 LE and i can tell a huge difference in how the two handle now that mine is dropped. Check the pics, i have before and afters. I do like how the springs all but eliminated the wheel well gap. :) I wasnt looking to lay it on the ground, i wanted to maintain the factory ride, but be able to tell without looking too hard that it IS lowered, which the TRD springs have accomplished.

Getting rid of the RX8 wasnt easy, but neither was spending 65 bucks a week to put gas in her. :( The cars are totoally dif worlds. The 8 is a true sports car and performs like one. The Camry is my "grown man" whip! Its sporty and classy at the same time, but it is a friggin dog compared to the 8. Lol. But thats ok, the Camry is an all around better fit for me right now.

TwoCamSam 07-19-2011 06:39 PM

That sounds incredible. The more and more i hear these stories the closer I am to making my final decision. Did you bottom out in the Mazda a lot? I have some friends who constantly bottom out and one guy I know owns a Tiburon and is always scraping the ground! I really like the look of the 2011 Camry because it reminds of of a BMW, which has always been my other dream.

full house 07-19-2011 07:28 PM

That sounds incredible. The more and more i hear these stories the closer I am to making my final decision. Did you bottom out in the Mazda a lot? I have some friends who constantly bottom out and one guy I know owns a Tiburon and is always scraping the ground! I really like the look of the 2011 Camry because it reminds of of a BMW, which has always been my other dream.
This makes me amaze too... Very inspiring, I wanna try it out too some day.

09TRDSE 07-20-2011 09:05 AM

I would scrape a lil in the 8 going in and out of some driveways. I didn't lower the 8 either, that was at stock height which is still pretty low.

TwoCamSam 07-20-2011 04:51 PM

Isn't that the worse sound in the world? When you are in the car and you just hear that metal on concrete noise that rides up your spine. I have a fairly large truck and sometimes when i back out of other peoples driveways those over hanging bushes make the most god awful cat being tossed around sound!