Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Rejoicing...I'm a Camry Owner once again!!! (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/rejoicing-im-camry-owner-once-again-40254/)

KAYS-TRD 03-01-2012 12:44 AM

Rejoicing...I'm a Camry Owner once again!!! 1995 Camry

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but not new to one of, if not the most reliable cars ever built by Toyota...the Camry. I once owned an '88 burgandy beauty for 5 years then made a decision which I would regret for years to come...selling it!

I then went through 2 Honda products ('90 Acra Legend and a '91 Honda Accord) of which neither lasted me a full year...blew the trannies on both of them. Have never looked at a Honda product ever again.

Then in 2001, my first child Kaylin was born. I knew I had to drive her around in a chariot that would not leave me stranded with my family strapped in. So, I did what any well-minded person would do, I purchased a one owner 1995 green Camry with only 60,000 on the odometer, A.K.A: KAY'S-TRD (a combo of my daughter's first name coupled with the initials af Toyota Racing Development).

I kept it stock until we hit 100,000 miles.Then it became my project car.Let the mods begin. I began by upgrading the sound system to a Kenwood head unit and Sony Explod amp,speakers and sub. IT SOUNDED AMAZING! However,I wanted to hear music come from the engine bay as well so I swapped out the stock air intake wth a carbon fiber Weapon R unit. To help the engine breathe better I also replaced the exhaust with an aftermarket cat-back system. Needless to say, I rarely turned on the radio again. Then, I had the windows tinted. After that, I felt the ride needed a new set of shoes so I took out the 14" steelies for some 17" BBS style rims on low profile tires. But something wasn't right. It needed a more menacing stance...enter the Eibach springs,KRB GR2 struts, Whiteline rear sway bar, and front strut tower bar. My baby was perfect in my eyes. Everywhere I drove it, it turned heads and was a conversation starter.

Fast forward to 2007...there we were, a family of 4 with another on the way!
So we needed a bigger vehicle. We purchased a 2008 Pathfinder and my wife really didn't see the need for 2 vehicles (insurance is very high in our state).She convinced me to sell it to her little brother who was entering college and needed a means of transportation. Needless to say, I was reluctant but I figured at least it'll stay in the family and who knows, maybe I could take my pride ride on an occasional joy ride.

Well, that never happened because 6 months later my brother in law drove the Camry into a bus. Front end was smashed in.However, it didn't require a tow to get it back home. That in itself was amazing. But insurance was not going to pay for the repairs, so the car sat in my in laws' driveway uncovered and exposed to the elements for nearly 2 years since.

Two weeks ago I hear that they were going to junk the Camry at a salvage yard. I was Enraged.I have too much of an emotional attachment to the car to allow it to be parted out without getting a second chance at life on the roads again. I offered to take the car off their hands and they agreed. I rented a UHaul tow dolly,put in a new battery, filled up the tires and turned the key. The engine turned over! The sound of that intake and exhaust combo sent chills running through my body. I placed it on the tow dolly and my Pathfinder, along with a good friend, and I drove off and dropped it off a body shop for an estimate and give it a new lease on life on the streets.

Next, I will put in a turbo kit or swap out the 5SFE engine with a JDM MR2 powerhouse.
Kay's-TRD is going to make a comeback!!!

savageboost 03-01-2012 11:45 AM

welcome to the site.

KAYS-TRD 03-01-2012 11:19 PM

Thanks SavageBoost.