New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

soon to be owner of a xv50 hybrid limited edition

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Cool soon to be owner of a xv50 hybrid limited edition

Hello!

Never thought i'd see the day where i'd actually buy:
1. A brand new car (i'm more of a 90's sports car kind of person.)
2. A hybrid (my other car is getting a japanese v8 swap)
3. Front wheel drive (limited choice, too hard to explain.)
4. Automatic.

But i'm doing that...because why not!

So i've been approved to get my choice in camry. My goals for it? Get the car where i want it to be, and store all stock parts to revert it back to normal if the leasing company throws a hissy fit.

I have TONS of questions i'd like to find out to turn this car into something that will stand out. I'm aiming for a j-spec VIP look for it, lots of the questions i'll have will revolve around what parts from different market camrys/aurions/sportivo's will swap over without custom work. I have an idea of what i'm doing, totally want to do this as I couldn't stand to drive something stock for very long. So, with that in mind, I hope no jimmies were rustled, and I'm absolutely serious about this,maybe some of you might be interested in my 'build'. Thanks for reading!

Oh, and i should be getting this car within 30 days or less. Hopefully.

Last edited by XV50; 08-22-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums! Keep us posted with your plans and pics are a plus on here as well!

Old 08-24-2014, 10:31 PM

Thank you. Within the next two-three weeks i'll have a better idea of what my plans are going to be. But if you look on the junction produce website, that's the end-game look i'm aiming for. Can't wait to post pics when I shop around at the dealer.

Interested to see how others are modding theirs right now, even though it's still a new car. Maybe you wouldn't be the best to ask as you have an 07, but if you or someone else knows, does the xv50 camry have a 'black box' data recorder? I'm intending on first deleting/disabling that. I feel it's an invasion of privacy.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

I hear you on the whole black box thing, I don't want anyone being my nanny. You are right, I'm not the best to ask about modding your new ride but I do know a thing or two and maybe I could add some input.
Could you post a link to the junction produce site? Sounds interesting... And I would like to see what your goal is.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:12 AM

This is the JP site VIP Exterior Accessories Bippu Style JAPAN JP

Ill be ordering a few goodies from there. Maybe sooner or later there will be a company that produces full vip aero kits for the new camry.

As far as my ideas, i'd like to swap the rear trunk, tails (aurion aftermarket led tails are perfect!) and get an aftermarket Aurion aero kit (gotta find pics of that...):

The front would then be a major focus

I would try to source this specific bumper

This is sort of where im going (this 2011 gen has MARS clear tails. Theyre nice but not on a gray/black exterior imo)

This below is closer to the idea.

On the money with this one here

Being in the states i already know that sourcing these parts will be a challenge. Lol.

The main goal is to be unique, yet tasteful. It'll look like a vip styled lexus to some. It almost looks like one!

Sidenote, I'm really not sure why toyota facelifted the camry so drastically different compared to other markets. They always have too. Im sure theyd sell a heck of a lot more if they sold it like sportivo sx6.

Once this things all paid off, i could totally see a 1-3uzfe v8 in it, rwd/6spd supra getrag conversion with 2way rear diff. (obviously retaining the hybrid logos ). But thats on the back burner of all back burners... for now. Exterior and interior upgrades are the main priority for the next few yrs.

Last edited by XV50; 08-25-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:28 AM

All the good stuff seems to be for the pre facelift 2010 model. Unless i can find xv50 stuff, ill just get an xv40.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for posting pics and link. Very sharp looking cars. I really like the tail end on those.
V8? Always a wise decision! Keep us posted with your progress.