New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Trying to buy a new Camry...two issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Default Trying to buy a new Camry...two issues

I am finally downsizing from a long history of MiniVans.....currently drive an 08 Sienna...

Looking to the Camry as it has the quietest ride- but
The interior is SO Boring! I may be 55, but I am not dead yet -- would still like to drive a "fun" car...
And my neighbor says Camry is awful in the snow.....

Anyone care to direct me in these two areas?
Thanks!

Old 03-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

What year Camry are you looking at? You say 'new' in the title so I assume brand new. I really think that an SE model (Sport Edition) with the V6 would keep you from being too bored. I drive an '07 CE four cylinder with a 5 speed manual and I am not bored. It is actually pretty fun to drive. I won't win any races or anything with the four banger but down shifting in the corners and such is fun. The SE with V6 has plenty of power and a stiffer suspension. You can also look at other V6 versions but with a softer ride too.
I live in Maine and I am used to driving in the snow with all kinds of vehicles. The Camry that I own does just fine. I did buy some snow tires for it because there was an awesome deal on Craig's list and they came mounted on steel wheels and an extra set of Toyota alloy wheels for $260. Hard to say 'No' to that but I would not buy snow tires again if it weren't for this deal. If you know how to drive in the snow, then any car you drive should be good in the snow, unless your tires are bald, etc.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:09 PM

Thanks for the support!
I do not think I will go with a stick -- I like to drink my big gulp and switch channels when I drive, so it would be too much for me...BUT, I wonder if the older Cams were more fun...
And, including you, I have yet to find anyone who has complained about the car in the snow - except that one neighbor...
Take care!
Rivka

Old 03-29-2014, 10:37 PM

I'm just past 56 yrs old and I just bought a 2011 Camry SE in December the day after Christmas. Paid $16,100 for it with 39,000 miles on it! It's only the 4 cyl, but it still has plenty of power! It has the auto shift but I leave it in Automatic. I'm not a fan of the 2012 and newer body, seems like they smashed the front and rear in. But that's my opinion, no offense to those who have one. The interior is kinda plain, but I love the way everything hides away. This thing has storage compartments everywhere! The sunroof is a nice touch on sunny days and I pop it up on warmer ones. I went from an 1997 F150 truck to a 2010 Ford Focus to the Camry! I wish I had bought this instead of the Focus. I do miss the Focus' SYNC system since my Camry doesn't have Bluetooth.. yet. I can fill up with $40-45 of regular unleaded. I average about 30-32 mpg and I have a lead foot commuting 24 miles each way to work everyday. I ve driven it to Charlotte from Wilmington NC with 3 adults and luggage. About a 4 hour drive, on about 3/4 of a tank. I LOVE this car, you will love yours too...

Last edited by CASisco; 03-29-2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: added more text