Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

2007 VIBRATION - PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Default 2007 VIBRATION - PLEASE HELP

Ok, I just bought an 07 with less than 9,000 miles on it, and it has a vibration.

I don't recall the vibration when I bought it, or I would've pointed it out and possibly looked for another vehicle.

It was originally pretty bad, at about 60mph, the steering wheel would actually bounce back and forth about 1/2 inch.

The dealership balanced the tires, and the vibration got better. It still had the vibration at about 60mph that was noticeable in your feet mostly, but could be felt in the steering wheel.

The dealership again balanced all 4 tires, and it seemed to be better again.

It started to feel more around a week later, at about 60mph again or faster.

The dealership now replaced the tires. Old ones were the Bridgestone, new ones are the Yoko tires. They also did a 4 wheel alignment.

The vibration is still there.

It still is mostly noticable in your feet, but you can feel it in the steering wheel, but I think it's more just traveling through the vehicle.

Also, I did note when driving, that I can watch the passenger seat bounce back and forth very quickly with the vibration.

I have attempted to determine if anything specific is causing this...

I turned left and right, put the car in neutral, stepped on the brakes and jumped on the gas.

The vibration is there no matter what.

It only seems to get worse as you speed up...

When I hit 75mph, you can really feel it in your feet.

The dealership is at a lose at this point. They wish for me to wait, maybe as long as several months, for the Toyota rep to come in and take a look at it.

So...any ideas?

I've been told, possible a brake rotor lost a weight.

I've also been told that it's possible a shock/strut has failed.

Anyone else having any issues similar to this?

I really love this car, and really just want this to get resolved.

Thanks for any help!!!!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Default RE: 2007 VIBRATION - PLEASE HELP

Only vibrations I had in my 03 Camry were caused by buildup of dust, dirt, mud, etc. on the inside of the rims on the rear wheels. Tire shop raised car, and pounded on the inside of the rims while turning them slowly and all this crap fell out and the problem was solved. Probably not your problem tho if they replaced the tires. Surely they would have knocked any dirt off the wheels.

Buffitz

Old 02-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

If the steering wheel moves, most likely a front end problem. An out of balance or warped rotor, bad wheel bearing, CV joint.

Has anyone inspected the rims for damage, out-of-round, bent, etc.

Is the car still under warranty, if so press the issue with Toyota. Go to their website, find the customer support phone number, call and state your issue.

Where are you? You should not have to wait months to have a Toyota rep look at the car.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:22 PM

They did inspect the rims and such when they put the new tires on it.

Yes, the car is still under warranty, so it's all being worked on under at no cost to me.

I'm in Wisconsin.

I did actually call them back today and just made an appointment for tomorrow.

The car seemed to be pretty bad today, maybe it just appeared this way because I drove my truck yesterday, and that doesn't vibrate.

They claim that the Toyota rep only comes around once a quarter.

Either way, I'm taking it in tomorrow, getting the rental, and leaving it there while they mess with it and figure out what's up.

It's to the point that it doesn't feel safe driving it on the freeway. This isn't just a little vibration from road issues.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:21 PM

If you cannot honestly recall hitting a bad pothole/curb ect.....it definitely seems you have a balance issue...even from the port we have seen tires unbalanced when we PDI the vehicle.

-At what speeds do you feel this vibration...low/high? where is it perdominately felt..in the steering wheel? Do you feel it in your brake pedalwhen they are applied?

-I will express thiswill extreme caution....toyomoho when you get Toyota involved like that you REALLY need to handle this with KIT gloves. First step is to bring it to a Toyota dealer. In the event they CANNOT resolve the issue, then call the ToyotaExperience....if satisfaction is not met the first time. See, each time you call them your name is now "flagged" each time an issue is brought to them a case is made...its like the issue of the man trying to get a job who sues every employer he has worked for.....another thingToyota coinciders is...once a claim is made it is then diverted to the representing Service Manager...I will tell you from experience.The FIRST thing Toyota will look at is your service history/scheduled maintenance. Their figure is " if you don't take care of the car like Toyota says...why shouldwe help you out?....if you didn't do your 15,000 mile service, we may have detected the issue....yea it is on on-going nightmare..

Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 PM

Nope, no big potholes, curbs, etc...

I don't even drive this thing when it snows bad, I leave it in the garage and take my truck.

It's felt evertime I drive, and at every speed actually. I've been paying close attention to it...

It's in your feet and the seats and the console etc....UNTIL you hit about 70mph...then you'll feel it in the steering wheel.

It gets worse the faster you drive, so again I would lean to an out of balanced tire/rim/etc...

They've been balanced 4 times already.

I'm far from being the type to call Toyota and start making waves...as long as the dealership is doing what they need to correc the issue....which they are.

It's been back 3 times now, they've balanced several times, and have tried a new set of tires.

Now, I'm waiting for them to get the Toyota guy to stop at the shop.

They're claiming when a toyota comes back in 3 times, they can't touch it, and they have to have the Toyota rep/engineer or whatever look at it.

As for not taking care of this car, not even a thought. I take care of all my vehicles very well.

Gets a scratch or chip in the paint...to the shop it goes...

3,000miles, oil change gets done...

All reg maintenance gets done on time or early.

It's easier to keep up on a car than catch up after something you didn't address messess up something else...

I'll let ya know after this rep looks at it.

Thanks...

Old 03-06-2008, 03:58 PM

ICEPIK7878-
I remember about 4 mts ago our feild toyota tech had to come down because we were running into the same problem....at the end we needed to replace the customers tires...this was on a 07 camry...i forget the brand name tires but the tires themselves were causing the pulling/vibration problem.....shifted belts within the tires. Now they were made with the belts unproperly seated from the factory.....this may help you a bit...just be patient and WHATEVER toyota has to do they will...just remain cool and calm with them, I can UNDERSTAND where you can get frustrated but always keep cool. (i know this is like ALL things holy in a dealership but when it is all said and done...calmly speak with the service manager and see if a few oil changes complimentary would be inline due to inconvience of toyotas workmanship )

Old 03-07-2008, 12:49 AM

I appreciate your input...

However, the tires have already been replaced.

The car came with the Bridgestones on it, and they put the Yokohamas on it now.

Same issue after the new tires.

I am calm. Again, I'm not upset at all. I understand cars have issues, and they'll work at it until they figure it out.

I'm just hoping they're better than Chevy...(that's a whole nother story, for a whole different chat board...lol)

I'm waiting paitently for the phone call about the rep coming in.

However, they did tell me they'd call me back in 3 days tops, and it's now been over a full week.

Soooooo.......

Hopefully my car will get worked out soon.

I honestly think it's either an axle shaft out of balance, or bad shocks/struts.

This thing does ride pretty rough, not what I remember Toyota's being like.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:28 PM

So, wednesday will be 2WEEKS waiting for a phone call that was supposed to come in 2-3 DAYS.....

Hmmmmmm.........................

Old 03-26-2008, 10:28 AM

So yeah...

Keep calling the dealership....

They just keep saying they're waiting to hear from the rep...

Been going on a month now.

This supposed to take this long?

I'm getting sick of driving this car every day....

Quick Reply: 2007 VIBRATION - PLEASE HELP