Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Huh?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Default Huh?

Ok, so I have no clues as to what Blueray, iPhones, iPhotos and most of the buttons and levers and screen prompts for are in my Camry.

I have a phone given to me by my kids that they tell me does photos, movies, calculating, does something or other to do with the internet and a myriad of other things I've forgotten already.......... and I found out how to turn it on, answer a call, make a call and shut it off.

I've decided to sit down over there on that stool in that corner with a Chivas Regal and wait there till all this techno-crap comes full circle and I can step back into functional society again.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

You must be enjoying all this spam that runs rampant on this site! It is ridiculous on this forum with how much crap clutters the forum. I have complained to the moderators and the company that runs this site about all the garbage and no one has replied. I even asked to be a moderator here as there is no presence of any moderator on this site, and still, no one has replied to me. It really is a shame because there are some good people on this site who have a wealth of knowledge but you have to scan the topics to see new posts as spammers are the most frequent posters.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:00 AM

That just shows to go ya Pat. Somehow I didn't recognize those as spam posts. I thought they were just uninteresting tech schtuff posted by a sponsor or someone in the know.
Thanks for the heads up, and someone should make you a moderator for sure. It would probably get more members to post without all this spam crap in the way.

Pierre

Old 01-30-2014, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

I totally agree. I did send another request to be a moderator the other day and still, no reply from anyone. I think whoever owns this site should look at Toyota Nation and offer advertising that way. There are no bogus posts on TN but I also think most members there pay to be a member of the site. At the very least, there should be an active moderator here. I hope you will ignore all the garbage and stick with us. There is a handful of good people on this site and we appreciate your participation.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:19 AM

Thanks Pat. I'm not going anywhere.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear it!

Old 02-04-2014, 02:43 PM

I wouldn't sit in the corner just yet. If you believe that vehicles are a complicated mess of technology now, you are only going to see things become more complicated. I recently watched a show on technology that will communicate between every vehicle on the road in order to help keep people safer. They expect this technology to be able to prevent nearly 80% of all accidents within the next 20 years, and ultimately will be able to respond for people to dangerous situations. Amazing the amount of technology they are capable of putting into a vehicle, and how far they have come from the old model of four tires and a steering wheel.

Last edited by rob303; 02-12-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

As amazing as all that is, I really don't want it in my car! I like to be in control as much as possible when it comes to driving. Sometimes I think we are becoming too reliant on technology and are kind of losing touch. That being said, I love my smart phone!