Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

93 camary

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Default 93 camary

my father has a 93 camary 2.2L 4 dr. the front end suspension is mush. if you push on the stuts and bounce it, it doesnt stop or dampen out. what is the recomended parts to change along with the struts its also clunks when you go over bumps in the front endstrut mounts????- i thought there was a bearing or something to change as well.
what is the model designation of this camary. the parts store checked and there was a few different model designations. cant remember what they were. how do i tell. I am a knuckle dragger that loves to work on Jeeps not 4 dr sedans!!!!!! I would love some feed back on this job.

grunt grunt fart!!!!!!!

Thanks

Old 06-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 93 camary

The 4 cylinder models were DX or LE, there should be some letters on the back of the car to this effect. The LE had the option of a V6 thus you will need to state it is the 2.2L engine.

The struts are the issue with the bounce. The upper strut mounts can break down with age (made of rubber type material) and cause a knucking noise. When you change out the struts you can inspect the mounts for wear.

The front wheel upper mounts have a bearing incorporated in them to allow the strut to rotate with the tire for steering. If buying new upper mounts this bearing may or may not come with it, thus check before purchasing. The bearing can begin to make a popping noise when turning as it ages.

The front and rear sway bar bushing can also wear, causing knocking, sqeaking noises when going over bumps.

Before purchasing examine the struts, some had replacable cartridges.