Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Alignment, Car pulls left

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator
Default Alignment, Car pulls left

I just had a four wheel alignment when my snows where put on and now the car pulls left. It seems more significant on different roads so maybe it is me and I'm not used to having an aligned car on frost beaten roads. The techs did show me the printout of before and after alignment. Before alignment, front wheels were off to the right a bit while the rear where off to the left a bit. Nothing was extreme and there was no mention of cast/camber issues.
Do you think that I am just not used to it?
I'm thinking of taking the car back and letting them drive it to verify.
Thanks for any input.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:25 AM

i would take it back anyway and see what they say about you job

even explain the printouts a bit clearer

the car should not go right side of the road nor should it move left unless road camber is extreme ...either way

how long do you need to keep snows on in a year
compared to the normal road tyre in your city
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-...realigned1.htm

Last edited by dirty hands; 02-11-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the reply. The snows will probably be on for another month and a half at most.
The road camber is definitely not extreme. I will take the car back to them and have them drive it and re-check.
Maybe the tires are worn funny? Could that cause this issue? The tires were on another car and I'm not sure how aligned it was. The snows have about only a season on them though and show little signs of wear. The little rubber furries are still on the sidewalls.
If it was warmer, I would put the all-seasons back on and verify that it is not the tires but I think that I will just take it back to them.
Again, thanks for the reply.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Update: I took the car back to the tire shop today and my diagram was looked over by them. They said the alignment should be spot on and that there was probably a radial issue with one of the tires. They said that sometimes it is easily fixed by swapping the tires to the opposite side. So they did that and actually test drove the car and now everything is 5x5! So nice to have the car shooting straight again!

Old 09-27-2022, 05:14 PM

Have you checked your battery for any issues?