Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Brake Motive Front rotors/pads 07 CE

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator
Default Brake Motive Front rotors/pads 07 CE

So I had to do my front brakes and as always, money is tight. I found some inexpensive front rotors and pads on eBay from Brake Motive ( seller: brakemotive76 ) for about $90 with free shipping. The cheapest I could find at local parts stores for two front rotors and pads was about $110. I did some research online and I found that most people were happy with the set up. Some people complained about brake noise and switched pads for a positive result. So I ordered the kit off eBay for the front set and it included the hardware too.

This kit included ceramic pads and drilled and slotted rotors with a zinc plating. I know, I know, I do not need drilled/slotted rotors for my daily driver, especially a stock Camry 4 cylinder. But the price was right and I'm always looking for a deal.

I received the kit within a matter of 3 business days but they forgot the hardware! I contacted them and they sent it out. Another 3 days and I had the hardware. The complete kit looked very nice and drilled holes did not cut into the internal fan blades of the rotor. The zinc plating looked nice and uniform as well. I did not see any slag or dinged edges. The rotors were also labeled for right and left for dummies. The slots do not extend to the outer edge of the rotor but stop short by an 1/8" or so. I always had thought slots should extend all the way to the edge of the rotor for better gas/heat expulsion but maybe I'm wrong there. The rotors also had the two threaded holes to insert bolts into to remove the rotors if they were stuck/rusted in place. I used those two holes to take the old rotors off for sure, and a little sledge hammer to boot. I compared the old rotors to the new ones from Brake Motive and they appeared the same (less the wear and beating of the old ones) and featured the same fan/bolt/dish design.

The hardware kit looked pretty standard but did not include the tension springs that go from the inner pad to the outer on top and bottom, kind of disappointed there.

The pads looked just fine like any other ceramic brake pad. BUT, they do not have the squeaker tab for when your brakes are wearing down low, FYI.

Installation was standard brake job and all the hardware, rotors and pads fit perfectly. There are no noises, pulsing, droning, or anything else like that with this set installed.

Right now, I am very pleased with this kit. Braking is excellent and quiet. The zinc plating should keep rust at bay and the only area that will rust is where the brake pad makes contact and has worn the plating off. Time will tell if they hold up and I will be sure to update this post if anything does occur.

Another note: Because these rotors are drilled and slotted, they cannot be turned like normal rotors. Some places can use a flywheel grinder to resurface them but I'm not sure with these. I personally do not turn my rotors, I just buy new ones because I do not like having thinner rotors, just my opinion.

Feel free to ask me any questions about my experience with this set up, brake job, etc.

Last edited by Patonium; 09-15-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Update: It has been about a week since I installed these rotors and pads and they are holding up just fine. Braking power is solid and there are no noises, shudders, or squeaks. I plan to post back to this post in about a month or so with anything that has or has not come up.
I really hope nothing comes up...

Old 10-22-2014, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

Update: These brake pads and rotors are holding up just great. I have put on about 5k miles on them now. I have no complaints about them whatsoever. There is still no rust anywhere on the zinc plated rotors and stopping power is great.
The next test will be how they hold up against the harsh Maine winters with all the road salt and sand.
At this point, I would recommend them. I can't vouch for all Camry's but the 6th generation seems to like them just fine.

Old 12-25-2014, 01:27 PM

Hi buddy, Merry Xmas to you.

I read the above and I'm driving a 2006 Camry 2.0
Was thinking of fixing my old Brembo brake for Evo 9 but would need a proper bracket and wonder if my 17" wheel have enough space.

But anyway ur recommendation was interesting, can u email the website for the stuff you bought. Nismo_silvia44@hotmail.com

Thank you very much.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Merry Xmas to you too!
I got everything on eBay.
Brakes are working great to this day. No noise and they still look really good.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Patonium
Merry Xmas to you too!
I got everything on eBay.
Brakes are working great to this day. No noise and they still look really good.

Thanks for your reply.

Can take photo and show me ur brake... .?

Old 12-27-2014, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

Give me a little time and I'll try to get some pics for you. It's kinda cold up here and going outside is not always enjoyable.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Patonium
Give me a little time and I'll try to get some pics for you. It's kinda cold up here and going outside is not always enjoyable.
Thanks man...

Old 03-30-2016, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

Update: Again, sorry for the lack of pics but I wanted to let everyone know that these Brake Motive rotors and pads are holding up great! The wear is nice and even on the pads and rotors. There is no grooving or texture on the rotors. There are also no cracks in the rotors around the drilled holes or slots. There is even some zinc coating left that has prevented rust.
I am very happy with these rotors and pads and I will definitely be buying the same set up for my rears when the time comes.