Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Crashed a Camry..

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Default Crashed a Camry..

Hello guys and girls. This is my first time to post here. Wonder if you guys can help me out.

I crashed my gf's 03 camry last week. I lost tract on a wet sharp turn and the front passenger wheel hit on concrete. The steel wheel was bend and the steering wheel is no longer point at the center. Do you guys think I should do a full front wheel alignment or thats something I can DIY? By the way, can anyone recommend a store in Atlanta that sell second hand/ cheap 15" steel wheel for the Camry? Thanks in advance....

Old 12-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Default RE: Crashed a Camry..

Get a full alignment for sure. Look on Ebay or Craigslist for a wheel, you should be able to find one. Camrys have full sized spares, so use the spare for now. Look in a junkyard.........thousands and thousands of these cars have been wrecked, and every one of them had a spare in the trunk.......

I use a mechanic that works full time for a dealership but does work on the side for cheap. Find someone like that (check on Craigslist under "services") and maybe you can get it done right for cheap.

Look further than just an alignment..........about 10 years ago, I slapped a curb with my Saturn SC2 (to avoid a car that came into my lane) and it needed a wheel bearing.

Don't take any chances with her car, get it done right.