Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Problem with Struts 2007 Camry 2.4L LE

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 01:35 AM
Default Problem with Struts 2007 Camry 2.4L LE

I had the Toyota Dealer replace all 4 struts that had begun to leak while my RED 2007 Camry was still under warranty at 35K miles. My Camry now has 48K miles and it is two years later... my two front struts are leaking again. The dealer just informed me that the struts they replaced only had a one year warranty, and that if I wanted to replace them I had to pay for them to be replaced.

Very discouraging...

Suggestions??

Old 01-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Leaking struts on later model Camry is not uncommon.

Toyota has a service bulletin on leaking struts. Some leakage is OK. The bulletin describes in detail what is and is not acceptable leakage and if the strut needs replacing.

Is the dealer stating the leakage is not acceptable and the struts need replacing?

Is the car still under warranty?

If still under warranty and the dealer states the struts are not acceptable (need replacing) talk to the dealer again. It not much of a warranty if failed replacement parts are not covered.

If your efforts with the dealer are unproductive look in the owners manual for the Toyota customer service telephone number and call them. Tell them the car is still under warranty and ask why you now need to pay for parts that continue to fail under warranty. Then open up a claim file asking for new struts.

If no help from Toyota for the above situation determine if your state has mandatory arbitration (mandatory for dealer) on warranty issues. California is one state that does.

If the car is no longer warranty take your business elsewhere.

Even if the leakage is deemed not acceptable the struts should be OK for some time.