Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Vehicle pulls sporadically!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Default Vehicle pulls sporadically!

Hey guys! I'm new to the site, I'm usually on the 4runner forums but I just picked up a 2015 Camry and I'm having a issue 6 months after owning it.

So a 2015 Camry SE with 55,000 miles on it. I put 4 brand new (Michelin) tires on the vehicle, balanced and aligned. But when I am driving under 40 mph the steering wheel turns either to the left or right sporadically and this will happen whenever the car feels like it. All this started after I installed the new tires, since then I have had the wheels balanced twice and the alignment done twice.

Took the vehicle to the dealer 2 times and they could not find anything and there are No Recalls. The vehicle has never been in an accident or had any major front end repairs, I know this because I know the previous owner.

Any Input is much appreciated!

Thank you

Old 12-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

The car did not wonder before the new tires were installed?

Was the alignment checked after the pulling problem was detected?

Is the tire following a change in road texture (crack, rut, asphalt seam, etc) or reacting to the crown on the road?

Check tire pressure.

Rotate front left/tire and determine if this makes any difference. Do the same to the rear.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:09 PM

Hello, thanks for the response.

There was an alignment done after the new tires were installed and also after the pulling was detected

Tire pressure is good

I paid attention if the vehicle was following the road and it doesn't. I happens on the highway and service roads.

I also rotated the wheels front to rear and also crossed the 2 front and same condition.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

What model of Michelin?

Not all tires handle the same. Reasons for tire wondering:
Wider tires.
New tires having more thread. The wondering going away after a few thousand miles.
Tire material, soft or hard. New tires can also be softer then after they age.
Tire sidewall design.
Air pressure.
Ply separation (faulty tire).

Try adjusting the pressures. Tire pressure is based on weight. The max weight at the max pressure on the side of the tire.

Suggest if you have the alignment print out sheet to compare with the factory specs. Determine if something is outside the spec.

Otherwise, suggest going to an alignment shop that caters more towards performance cars. Then discuss the issue.

Perhaps a little more tow-in might help.