Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   TCF Help & Suggestion Center (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/tcf-help-suggestion-center-7/)
-   -   Cant open trunk (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/tcf-help-suggestion-center-7/cant-open-trunk-40005/)

lc1500 01-12-2012 06:52 PM

Cant open trunk

I have an issue where my trunk will not open on my 2007 Camry hybrid. You can hear the latch activate by the outside handle or the cable lever alongside the drivers seat but the trunk will not budge. I did get the rear seats down but the access hole is way too small to get through (because of the batteries). Even DCH Toyota doesn't know what to do. There must be a solution / procedure. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any help

toyomoho 01-12-2012 07:53 PM

Can you look into the trunk from the passengers side and see the emergency handle release? If so, fabricate a rod, pole, stick, coat hanger, etc to grab the handle and pull it.

full house 01-12-2012 08:46 PM

there might be something stock on it, I don't think its because of the battery try to look further.

Tvang1983 10-12-2017 09:15 PM

You seem to be in the same boat as myself except I don’t have a hybrid. You probably need a new latch. How did you get your seats to fold down? My seat fold down is in the trunk itself so I’m kinda of stuck.

Tvang1983 10-12-2017 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho (Post 68916)
Can you look into the trunk from the passengers side and see the emergency handle release? If so, fabricate a rod, pole, stick, coat hanger, etc to grab the handle and pull it.

Can you take a photo of where this would be so I could try myself to get to the release?

wdc123 12-11-2017 06:13 AM

95 Camry LE 205000

This is not something I normally suggest but during a bad winter my key locks were not working. I knew they had issues and needed replacing.

In the interim pulled and banded on it with my first and being careful not to damage car it opened

Non electrical issue and wound up replacing drivers, passenger, ignition an d trunk as a set.

Tomm3r 12-10-2020 04:58 PM

Were you able to open the trunk? I have The same issue. I coincidentally Had the passenger back seat leaned forward and tried to pullIng the yellow emergency lever- it did nothing. Though i did Hear the lever actuate something.

(Also if anyone can suggest-if i need to replace the trunk with a used trunk- how best to remove the old one?)

Esquivel8606 12-13-2021 11:09 AM

How did you get the back seats open? My latch is inside of the trunk and I’m having the same issue

toyomoho 12-13-2021 12:00 PM

Some seats fold down and others do not.

Tomm3r 12-15-2021 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Esquivel8606 (Post 105941)
How did you get the back seats open? My latch is inside of the trunk and I’m having the same issue

The releases are on a cable that runs to about the center of the back of each seat. The cables are held to the trunk deck by some plastic clips. I forced my hand back behind the seat from the headrest area and pulled down the cable. At the end if the cable you can find the cable handle that releases the seat