TCF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Toyota Camry Forums? Ask. Have a suggestion to better TCF? Tell us here.

Engine quits after startup

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Default Engine quits after startup

I have98 Toyota Camry with the problem seems to be electrical I have just purchased a code reader and I am getting a ( p1300 ) on the first line which is ignition of the reader on a second line I am getting (19 ignition circuit malfunction ) ?what exactly is(19 ignition circuit malfunction ) and where is it located.To date I have checked out the ignition coils of map sensor and EEG valve, alternator charging system temperatures senders and most all of the relays the fuel system is in perfect working order to. So now I can hope being someone out there knows what this malfunction is.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know what 19 . . . . is. Toyota codes for this car are 1 letter and 4 numbers. Assume it is a duplicate code for another make of car.

P1300 is ign circuit malfunction.

Open or short in IGF or IGT circuit from igniter to ECM.

Ign coil No 1 (1 and 4 cylinder).

ECM

Old 10-10-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Don't know what 19 . . . . is. Toyota codes for this car are 1 letter and 4 numbers. Assume it is a duplicate code for another make of car.

P1300 is ign circuit malfunction.

Open or short in IGF or IGT circuit from igniter to ECM.

Ign coil No 1 (1 and 4 cylinder).

ECM
I have been talking to a couple of Toyota mechanics and they tell me that cold 19 is a junction point on the ignition coils it should be under the heater in the car sold tomorrow I will checkout those wires in case there is a broken I will let you all know how I make out

Last edited by tomm; 10-10-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:26 PM

I have been talking to a couple of Toyota mechanics and they tell me that cold 19 is a junction point on the ignition coils it should be under the heater in the car sold tomorrow I will checkout those wires in case there is a broken I will let you all know how I make out
yes, probably that's it!please update us on it.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:58 PM

My apologies for not getting back here sooner I have managed to sort out all of the problems with my Toyota Camry it seems there was a multiple systems failure this might be due to the severe heavy rain and lightning storms we've been having last month .After a friend and I removed all the major electronic components and wiring are we could not see any damage to the wiring it look like new my friend who is electronic technician examined all the components and he has found that the computer, ignition coils with igniters and a few other components were not functioning quite the way they should he informed me that many off the electronic components look like they might have some sort of electrical overload especially the computer the only thing I can think of when it happened is the car was parked under a big maple tree and maybe somehow it got hit by some sort of lightning discharge when the tree got hit so I went to my local junker where I found a car the same as mine that was just recently in an accident I removed all the electronics and install them in my car is working like new once again. Thank you all for your support this is a excellent site