TCF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Toyota Camry Forums? Ask. Have a suggestion to better TCF? Tell us here.
View Poll Results: How serious is this?
Can it be fixed without removing Dasboard?
0%
What wires are behide that location?
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Firewall Mistake?

Old 07-22-2017, 04:49 AM
Unhappy Firewall Mistake?

2015 Toyota Camry LE drilled through the firewall under left side dash between emergency brake and brake peddle near left foot rest. After drilling my tracking light,brake light and emissions light has been on. Brakes will not engage. What wire could I have hit behind the firewall to cause this?
Refer to the link below. I drilled in the exact same location. Can't find any diagram of wiring behind the firewall to know what might be there. How can this be undone or fixed? Any ideas? Thanks

Old 07-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

You need to find the damaged harness and repair the wires. The harness may have a host of wires, some now broken, others shorting together. To guess at what wires are affected is pointless.

Stick a rod through the hole and view both sides of the firewall. Then find what wiring could have been hit by the drill and where.

Inspect that area for damage when found, peel off protective tape to view damaged wiring and repair.

Once done check all fuses.