Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   TCF Help & Suggestion Center (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/tcf-help-suggestion-center-7/)
-   -   Forum History etc. (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/tcf-help-suggestion-center-7/forum-history-etc-3507/)

hub 04-04-2008 10:16 AM

Forum History etc.

Im new here.
Time is scarce for me.
So many other forums are all screwed up with posts in the wrong places and other housekeeping failures. This one seems small enough to still be put in good order. (assuming it is not already in good order).
I just don't have time to read all the old posts but have run a few searches and am getting an idea or two.
I notice the owner (Admin) is a guy named Amanda,(is that anything like a Boy named Sue) [:-]hasn't posted much nor lately either.
I have found a few moderators that seem much more prolific. One called somone an idiot in one post I read. Ha. Well at least he's got the balls to tell it like it was. But not very Mod-ish.

Looks like this forum has been goin' since sometime in 2004.
Anyhow can anyone give me some more history and then I can know I have landed in a place that can help me when I visit?
I mean is the main interest here tricking up your Camry or just fixin stock stuff etc?
If this is the high performance wishful thinking group, then good luck but I'm only a stock-get-by guy.
Other than Toyota Nation are there other Toyota forums?
Did you guys split from Nation? or vice versa ?

thanks
hub

Deleted User 04-17-2008 11:50 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

hub 05-11-2008 12:00 PM

RE: Forum History etc.

Well it's been about a month & a half and the only reply was deleted.

By an admin no less..isn't that superior to a Mod[&:] ?

Wonder what he/she said that was too hot to handle?

Anyhow I guess that means that a Admin at least saw this thread and apparently chooses NOT to answer my very civil and interesting questions.

Makes a guy / gal wonder ya know....

hub

94camguy 05-11-2008 09:07 PM

Actually, if you look, everything that the individual posted was deleted, that happens when the individual is deleted.

The person who wrote that, nocsek4, was not a camry owner, he just attempted to cause mischief in every thread possible.

(in other words, he got dileted for talkin sh!t to everybody)

Just because a message is deleted doesnt mean the admin isnt understanding. It means that something inappropriate was said.

boogz 06-01-2008 01:09 AM

man o man, sorry for a much needed reply. I myself have been very busy with school i have not had time to check the forum lately. so to answer your questions....

Admin > Moderator

This forum is specifically for ALL Toyota Camry Owners who want to simply gain more info about their cars, talk about upgrades, high-performance, etc. A place where Toyota Camry Owners can come together and talk about pretty much... Anything goes at these forums... Read Rules to see what is NOT allowed.

This was a fairly small community, but has bloomed to what you see today. Much has changed since the begining of this forum. People come, people go.

And about the whole ToyotaNation thing... ive seen some people that are members of this forum post on the ToyotaNatoin forum. Its not really any big deal, i just see it as people gaining enough information as they possible can to help make better decisions/choices for their car. The only difference I've noticed about the two forums is that you dont get flammed here for asking "easy/dumb" questions, sorta speak.
Everyone here is nice and friendly and willing to help. So dont be afraid to ask your questions, give opinions, and talk about your concerns.