Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   TCF Help & Suggestion Center (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/tcf-help-suggestion-center-7/)
-   -   generation categories (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/tcf-help-suggestion-center-7/generation-categories-3697/)

94camguy 05-01-2008 09:53 AM

generation categories

Taking a look at my MitsubishiForum (which is almost identical to CamryForums) I had a thought. Everone has an issue they want worked out on their camry. But a 94 owner wont be much help to a 07 owner. Why not add another section for each generation, so if you're having trouble with your 29-96 (3rd gen) you have other 3g owners right there rather than guesswork.

Just a thought! [sm=grinangel.gif]

Octapulse 05-03-2008 11:44 AM

RE: generation categories

ORIGINAL: 94camguy

Taking a look at my MitsubishiForum (which is almost identical to CamryForums) I had a thought. Everone has an issue they want worked out on their camry. But a 94 owner wont be much help to a 07 owner. Why not add another section for each generation, so if you're having trouble with your 29-96 (3rd gen) you have other 3g owners right there rather than guesswork.

Just a thought! [sm=grinangel.gif]
I really dont think Toyota made camrys in 29 (or was in existance for that matter) :D.But I see your point and I agree. toyotanation is set up that way and I think it keeps the inquiries streamlined and helps people to get quicker andmore educated responses.

94camguy 05-04-2008 11:48 AM

haha didnt notice that typo. okay okay.. 92-96 is that better?

smartass[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

94camguy 05-21-2008 08:48 PM

So, any thoughts from the people who make the decisions? I mean, honestly, I try as much as I can to help the people with other years but I only know a little bit about other generations. If there was a category for specifically gen3 92-96 camrys I would probably end up owning that whole category after having learned so much from my own. That doesnt mean I wouldnt try for other generations, but it would be a lot easier for people to get more accurate answers if they were talking to owners of the same car.

Just a thought, but I would like some kinda input from admins.

boogz 06-01-2008 01:23 AM

I actually think that this is a good idea, seeing how much this forumhas grown and is still growing. I have seen that feature on the ToyotaNation forum and I must admit that it does in fact keep everything pretty organized. ButI think this feature was not added tothe site because of the low number ofactive members, and Im sure the admin thought along the same lines. I think that when the the number of active members increases, this feature may be considered.

thomasz 06-10-2008 01:30 AM

Mitsubishi is a famous brand. Everyone likes it, too.

marthaspears 07-17-2008 10:39 PM

But for me I think Nissan is much more better than Mitsubishi, and Hyundai too! what would you think of that?

94camguy 09-27-2008 12:45 AM

Well my nissan sentra was a great little standard, great on gas. But id still love the chance to own a 99 eclipse spyder.

93camryxle 09-27-2008 05:56 PM

Agreed, the site should be divided up by generation.and while I think of it, how come there are no photos in the "photo gallery"?

94camguy 09-29-2008 03:17 PM

Because no ones finished trickin out their camry yet :D

In fact, I have done a lot since my sig pic. I should prolly update that huh?