New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Dimming instrument cluster light

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:27 AM
Default Dimming instrument cluster light

Where is the dimmer switch for the instrument cluster light? What about the center stack bezel/frame? I am not able to find a switch to dim those. Surely, there must be a switch to dim, if not both, then at least the instrument cluster.

This question is for a 2008 Camry XLE V6.

On another note, I have ordered the mudguards and the rear bumper applique. Should be getting those in the next few days. Too bad Toyota did not predrill mudguard holes for the rear. You actually have to drill your own according to installation instructions I downloaded. I have not checked if I will be drilling into sheel metal or the plastic/carbon fiber rear bumper.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:51 AM
Default RE: Dimming instrument cluster light

i saw the lighting part in the manual.

but if you look on your panel where the speedometer is, there is a switch the the bottom right of it and you just twist it to the left and right and adjust the lighting to bot the center and the instrument

im not sure about the drilling tho =/

Old 11-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Default RE: Dimming instrument cluster light

Perfect. Thought that tiny lever was only for switching the trip odometer. Had no idea you could turn that thing. Upon closer inspection, there is a sticker next to it that was implying turn to adjust lighting; was not obvious to me what the symbols meant.

Thanks for the response.

On a side note, I checked the area where the mudguards should be installed in the rear and I believe I would be drilling into the plastic/carbon fiber bumper material. That will be much easier than drilling into the sheet metal of the car. Whew! Wonder why Toyota does not predrill the rear holes as they do the fronts.