Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   Camry 2002 LE Aftermarket stereo no sound (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-11/camry-2002-le-aftermarket-stereo-no-sound-52430/)

jaber2932 07-29-2018 07:54 PM

Camry 2002 LE Aftermarket stereo no sound

Hello guys, I am trying to install aftermarket Pioneer DEH-150MP on my Toyota camry 2002 LE (I believe there is no JBL installed, I checked glove box compartment and only ECU unit is located), I used Toyota harness which I bought
from amazon.ca, all the connections seems OK but there is no sound after installation, the unit powers on, I even able to change radio stations, it picks up the signal but nothing playing, no radio or CD play, any help would be appreciated, throw me some lights.

Thanks,

toyomoho 07-30-2018 11:33 AM

If you have the old radio, post the model number.

Post a link to the harness purchased on Amazon.

Is the mute on?

The amp would located on passengers side of the glove box against the side of the car chassis or close to it.

The radio without amp does not have shielded cables on the harness plug. The radio with amp does.

jaber2932 08-01-2018 12:51 AM

Thanks for the reply, the model of my old radio came installed on my car is: 86120-AA040 (Toyota)
No, I already checked there is no mute option on my new pioneer mp3 player, I already open and checked the glove box area, I am only seeing ECU and no other equipment.

Here is the link to wiring harness, what is the blue looping wire is for?

toyomoho 08-01-2018 12:01 PM

Does this radio have a remote with a mute button?

jaber2932 08-02-2018 10:24 PM

Yes, my new stereo Pioneer does come with a remote, I haven't tried it, should I try with clicking the remote.

toyomoho 08-03-2018 09:54 AM

Yes. Try to eliminate the possibility the mute function is on.

jaber2932 08-04-2018 11:28 AM

Wondering is is the blue and orange wire with white stripe does?,

5 Attachment(s)
Wondering what these 2 blue and orange wire with white stripe does!!1, probably that's is the problem. Please explain.

toyomoho 08-04-2018 12:04 PM

What is this wiring?

Do the white plugs, plug into the radio and black plug into the factory harness plug?

Did the old radio have one harness plug and new radio have two plugs?

Did you splice the plugs together and if so what wiring reference was used?

jaber2932 08-04-2018 12:27 PM

Camry 2002 metra wiring harness

4 Attachment(s)
This the new metra harness which I bought from amazon.ca for my new stereo, my old head unit in my car had 2 plugs one blue and one white but my new stereo has only one which is the black pin which combines 2 white plugs. The solid blue and orange cable is left out I am wondering which one to connect.

toyomoho 08-05-2018 02:16 PM

Do these wire color match yours?

Radio Battery 12v Blue/Yellow
Radio Access Switch 12v Gray
Ground Brown
Illumination Green
Amp Trigger Wire Pink/Blue
LF Speaker Positive Pink
LF Speaker Neg Violet
RF Speaker Pos Light Green
RF Speaker Neg Blue
LR Speaker Pos Black
LR Speaker Neg Yellow
RR Speaker Pos Red
RR Speaker Neg White

The harness is for a host of Camry years. Prior to having the antenna in the window it was a power whip version. :The radio had wires routed to the antenna motor to turn it on/off. These plugs would then also have these wires.