Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/)
-   -   Engine has died several times when the AC is on. (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/engine-has-died-several-times-when-ac-51009/)

toyomoho 07-10-2016 12:23 AM

If issues with starts with cold air temps look at the various sensors for coolant and air.

The California emissions car has a vacuum switch inline with the fuel pressure vacuum hose. If a California car try bypassing the switch.

Suggest you pickup a Haynes manual which has diagrams of the fuel injection system and controls.

You can check injector solenoid resistance.

toyomoho 07-10-2016 12:24 AM

If issues with starts with cold air temps look at the various sensors for coolant and air.

The California emissions car has a vacuum switch inline with the fuel pressure vacuum hose. If a California car try bypassing the switch.

Suggest you pickup a Haynes manual which has diagrams of the fuel injection system and controls.

You can check injector solenoid resistance.

C908 07-10-2016 09:39 AM

Just yesterday as I was leaving the car died 3 times right after I started it and put it in gear. I have been trying to not turn the air on until once I get moving, that seems to keep it from dieing. I have also had better luck when stopped if I keep the AC at a lower speed. I am considering contacting the Toyota zone office for possible assistance. We only have one dealer in our small town and I have already paid them a lot of money to fix this car with no success. They want me to replace all the injectors for their next attempt to fix the problem.

C908 07-17-2016 09:17 PM

I contacted the Toyota Regional office last week and was told someone would be in touch with me. No one has called me yet so I will call Toyota again tomorrow. My car died twice on me today.

C908 07-20-2016 11:20 PM

Regional office and dealership both called me, car is back in shop. Regional office has advised them of a couple more things to check. The car is to nice to get rid of so I really hope they find the problem.

Erick561 08-21-2016 06:42 PM

My pulley bolt backed off this was causing extra noise i knew about it but just had to keep working i am self employed. Is your ac compressor pulley loose? My engine would almost die when the pulley was causing resistance on the engine. Also there might be this sensor called a VSV that kicks up the idle if the ac is turned on.

C908 08-21-2016 09:13 PM

After my last 2 week visit to the shop they finally decided a bad coil was the problem. My car has been running fine since the coil was replaced. They did make a note on my ticket saying I have a noisy ac compressor. My air blows ice cold and for now I'm not going to worry about it. I may look into it later or if the compressor goes out I will deal with it then. I'm just glad to have my car running good again. I appreciate your comments.