Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/)
-   -   O2 sensor -vs- air/fuel ratio sensor (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/o2-sensor-vs-air-fuel-ratio-sensor-40215/)

theduck 09-25-2013 08:49 PM

o2 sensor

Joey,say I read the artical.But it refers to the sensor close to the fire wall,is this 6 cyl,he is refering to?Cuz my AFR sensor I see is in the radiator side.Please advise.And really thank you for your time and help.:eek:

toyomoho 09-26-2013 12:01 PM

Good catch. Should be same diagnostic procedures for the individual sensors for either 4 or 6 cylinder. The V6 will have more sensors.

The code is stating the sensor heater circuit is not working based on the amount of current draw or lack of. The heater works like a soldering iron works or small heating element. The computer monitors the current to the heater. Too much amps indicates a short in the sensor wiring or heating element, too little or zero indicates a broken circuit or burned out element.

The sensor heater element resistance can be checked with an ohm meter.

The computer cycles the power to the heating element. Checking the power at the computer indicates if the computer is working.

If the power cycling and voltage at the sensor is working as specified the computer is also working OK. If not then power should be checked at the computer to determine if the wiring is bad.

Computer failure happens but more often it is sensor problem still requires a 3 year/36K warranty on them thus failure at this time is uncommon.

theduck 12-02-2013 09:56 PM

Air/Fuel Sensor

Hello.can anyone,tell me if a air/fuel sensor DENSO PART #234-9024($150.00 VS$60.00) is the same as DENSO PART #234-9008 are interchangable?They're both air/fuel sensors,THEY'RE NOT O2 SENSORS. I do know they're used on toyota's,but different size engines,a 2.2 vs a 2.5.I have tried to look up the spec's on DENSO'S web site but no luck.The connectors are the same.I checked.I am trying to save some $$$here.I think they will but want a second opinion.:eek:thx

Debunker 12-03-2013 03:33 PM

O2 sensor -vs- air/fuel ratio sensor

Hi,

with just a quick look at the connectors (up close).......
I would venture to say no. I hear you with trying to
save what you can, so you can spend only where
you really NEED to though!!

I would just try and Google the Denso part numbers
a bit, see if any of the online car part sites can help
get that price down a few more $$$.

Good Luck!!!!
Sincerely, Bob. :)

toyomoho 12-04-2013 12:42 PM

Try looking up the part number at Rockauto.

Dhomsey 12-05-2013 09:26 AM

here is a 4 page list and prices of different brands you are looking for 1997-1999 Toyota Camry Air Fuel Ratio Sensor | Partsgeek.com

theduck 12-05-2013 03:02 PM

Sensor

Hello,and thx for the information.I have bought parts from the Geek.I am trying to cross reference the 234-2009 to the 234-4626.I tried the Denso web site no luck.So if someone out their has used a senor that is designed for another car but can work on other camrys this would be great information.:rolleyes: