Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/)
-   -   steering/swerving (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/general-tech-8/steering-swerving-18957/)

2gunz 08-07-2010 09:00 PM

steering/swerving

I just bought 2011 camry LE and have noticed on several occasions that while driving on the highway the car almost starts swerving left and right like the wind is blowing real hard outside. At first I thought it was the wind but I have noticed it swerving even on a calm day. Does anyone have this problem or does anyone know any possible reason why this could be happen?

Glenn8963 08-08-2010 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by 2gunz (Post 39689)
I just bought 2011 camry LE and have noticed on several occasions that while driving on the highway the car almost starts swerving left and right like the wind is blowing real hard outside. At first I thought it was the wind but I have noticed it swerving even on a calm day. Does anyone have this problem or does anyone know any possible reason why this could be happen?

i have a brand ne'10 and i have no problems.....first check the air pressures. i do believe you should have 34 pounds in all tires, check the door label to be certain. next, these cars have "electronic assisted" power steering, that you may not be familiar with. you could also be riding in the grooves of the road, or near the crowns of the roads. this will display what conditions you describe. then of course, you can always go back to the dealer and explain this to them and have them check it out.

Brainz4RMTOP 08-02-2011 11:21 PM

I just began experiencing the same exact problem. First felt it going 75 on the freeway and it scared the crap out of me. I actually first thought it was the wind as well.

Were you able to resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just had my wheels aligned, but this has not helped at all.

toyomoho 08-03-2011 02:49 PM

Might ask at the Toyotanation website.

If still under warranty take it to the dealer.

Brainz4RMTOP 08-07-2011 12:46 AM

Took my car into the dealership this past week and they did a "thorough" inspection that took five hours. They were unable to find anything wrong.

I decided to try new tires to see if it would help my issue. My tires were still decent, but I have wanted to put rims on the car and used this as an excuse to get rims and new tires. So far I have yet to experience the problem. Hope it is now fixed.

toyomoho 08-07-2011 11:07 AM

Tires can make a big difference.

Check with the Toyotanation website.

2gunz 08-08-2011 05:43 PM

Its been a year now since I've been driving this car and I haven't taken it to the dealer yet for the problem (if there is one). I did however noticed that the car sways back and forth at the same patch of highway I take everyday for school. So it could be the road grooves Glenn8963 was talking about. It could be the tires as well. I haven't changed my tires yet though.