General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

steering/swerving

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Default steering/swerving

I just bought 2011 camry LE and have noticed on several occasions that while driving on the highway the car almost starts swerving left and right like the wind is blowing real hard outside. At first I thought it was the wind but I have noticed it swerving even on a calm day. Does anyone have this problem or does anyone know any possible reason why this could be happen?

Old 08-08-2010, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by 2gunz
I just bought 2011 camry LE and have noticed on several occasions that while driving on the highway the car almost starts swerving left and right like the wind is blowing real hard outside. At first I thought it was the wind but I have noticed it swerving even on a calm day. Does anyone have this problem or does anyone know any possible reason why this could be happen?

i have a brand ne'10 and i have no problems.....first check the air pressures. i do believe you should have 34 pounds in all tires, check the door label to be certain. next, these cars have "electronic assisted" power steering, that you may not be familiar with. you could also be riding in the grooves of the road, or near the crowns of the roads. this will display what conditions you describe. then of course, you can always go back to the dealer and explain this to them and have them check it out.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:21 PM

I just began experiencing the same exact problem. First felt it going 75 on the freeway and it scared the crap out of me. I actually first thought it was the wind as well.

Were you able to resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just had my wheels aligned, but this has not helped at all.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Might ask at the Toyotanation website.

If still under warranty take it to the dealer.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:46 AM

Took my car into the dealership this past week and they did a "thorough" inspection that took five hours. They were unable to find anything wrong.

I decided to try new tires to see if it would help my issue. My tires were still decent, but I have wanted to put rims on the car and used this as an excuse to get rims and new tires. So far I have yet to experience the problem. Hope it is now fixed.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Tires can make a big difference.

Check with the Toyotanation website.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:43 PM

Its been a year now since I've been driving this car and I haven't taken it to the dealer yet for the problem (if there is one). I did however noticed that the car sways back and forth at the same patch of highway I take everyday for school. So it could be the road grooves Glenn8963 was talking about. It could be the tires as well. I haven't changed my tires yet though.