Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-15/)
-   -   need horsepower (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-15/need-horsepower-2301/)

elsie92xlev6 05-09-2008 04:35 PM

RE: need horsepower

its actually not a **** load cheaper liek u would expect since we r sorta of surronded by o2 and it really doesnt show as much i dont think without lights nitrous would be a hell of a lot better looking. condensed no2 is a lot colder than o2 so it shimmers as it shoots out the line a lot better than o2 would but if u wanan scare somebody at the line o2 would do the job for u

94camguy 05-09-2008 07:22 PM

lol sounds good to me i wouldnt mind seein peoples reaction when my front end just starts randomly shootin sh!t at them :D

Octapulse 05-10-2008 01:59 AM

ORIGINAL: 94camguy

lol sounds good to me i wouldnt mind seein peoples reaction when my front end just starts randomly shootin sh!t at them :D
ive never heard of a drivers seat with a toilet/waste management system w/sh!t purge. you would have to wash the thing ALOT! :D

94camguy 05-10-2008 03:00 PM

haha reall funny smartass[sm=nxsmile.gif]

I wonder if anone has ever used drain-o for automotive :D

Octapulse 05-11-2008 12:59 AM

yeah, instead of a fire extinguisher mounted inside your car, you'd have a plunger [sm=lol.gif]

94camguy 05-11-2008 09:10 PM

it'd be my personal anti-hijacking device [sm=icon_beat.gif]

Instead of beat the s**t out of them, beat them with it!

Octapulse 06-16-2008 12:48 AM

I just ordered an electric supercharger and a Volo ECU flasher. That couple with my new Borla tubo XL exhaust should give me about a 55HP boost! good times.

94camguy 06-20-2008 08:32 AM

Great, lemme know how things work out with that volo programmer. If its any good I might consider it.

Brotherhood87 10-08-2010 08:35 PM

Same here. College is a pain in the ass to pay for. I have projector headlights with black housing and slight halos and smoked fog lights. Both headlights and foglights have HID's both at 6000k. I also got new speakers and a headunit. that's about all i can afford to do right now. My next investment is gonna be rims or a sound system. Not to mention I completely eliminated the yellow lights inside and outside my car. In other words all my interior lights are LED and my reverse lights are LED as well. Not that yellow lighting. Any advice on what kinda rims would look good on an 03 camry would help. As far as color goes, I want to get black. As far as size goes, I'll go up to 19".

gtchamp7 12-30-2011 01:28 PM

For more horsepower (in simple bolt-on ways):
-New exhaust headers (or buy turbo-headers made for the 5SFE Celica if you want to turbocharge it)
-Remove catalytic converter & resonator (keep the cat. if you want to stay legal)
-New muffler*
-Cold air intake (look for one for the 5SFE Celica or build your own. All you need is piping, a filter, and mounting hardware)
-General maintenance**

*Please, oh god please, DO NOT get a "fart-can"/"ricer" muffler (i.e. the mufflers that have a pipe with WAY too large of an output diameter.) They sound terrible and won't give you as much power as a nice, simple, high-flow, constant diameter muffler. Having a 2.5" pipe going into your muffler and coming out the other end as a 4" or 5" ruins your back pressure and causes your engine to backfire and not be able to push out the exhaust gases.

**Now general maintenance may not up your horsepower by much, but it will help it to handle more horsepower, keep it running smoothly (literally and metaphorically), and let it last longer. By 'general maintenance', I mean: replacing gaskets, keeping good oil/oil filter in it, tightening of bolts, removing sludge from the inside of the block, new spark plugs/spark plug wires, cleaning connectors/ports, etc. etc. etc. Also, if you want to get creative, you can fashion new ways of blocking and directing heat from the engine to keep it from what needs to stay cool and getting it out of the engine bay more effectively.