ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Can't figure out the remote starter

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Default Can't figure out the remote starter

Hi Folks,
I'm new here and this is my first post on this forum. I just purchased a previously enjoyed 2012 Toyota Camry XLE with the 3.5l V6 engine.
The car came with a "Direkt remote starter" (that's the brand name), and although it remotely starts the car fine, the minute I get into the car and touch the brake pedal it dies. I should mention that this car starts with the push of a button on the dash, and has no key or key switch. My older Camry has a remote starter too, but it has keys, so I know I have to turn the key slightly and then touch the break to keep the going and take out of "park". .....but the 2012 Camry has no key, so my question is this...how do I keep the car running after I remotely start it with it stopping on my when I touch the brake pedal ? I've searched the Internet high and low for an "Direkt remote Start" owner/user's manual, but can't find one. So any input or advice would be strongly appreciated it. By the way, I love this 2012 Camry....The V6 has awesome power with the automatic 6 speed tranny, and makes me feel like a young buck again. Nice smooth quiet ride too for those days I want to act my 'real' old age lol. Thanks Ray

Old 12-16-2014, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Any chance the name is Directed? Any model number or name on the actual remote control box. Box is most likely under the dash.

Remote starter systems can be designed to shut the engine off if the doors are unlocked, door opened, hood opened, brake pushed or start button pushed. This prevents someone from stealing car. Which ones of the above actions beside brake pedal causes your engine to quit?

Not sure if there is a work around. Depends on unit.

Try locking the doors when leaving car? Then starting engine and unlocking doors using remote?