General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger air bag sensors / spilled coffee

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Unhappy Passenger air bag sensors / spilled coffee

Hey I'm hoping someone is able to help me. I drive a 2007 Camry. Yesterday while driving my coffee flipped out of the tray (I had very stupidly put in on the seat) and spilled upside down by the passenger side door and underneath the passenger seat. I cleaned it up as much as I could but this morning I noticed the air bag lights for the passenger side did not turn on.

Any insight as to how serious this is? Or how much it will cost to fix? I'm taking it in on Monday (the soonest I could get it in), but am slightly freaked out at how much this is going to cost me.

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Check your owners manual for details but as I understand the system:

If the passenger seat is unoccupied the classification light (passenger airbag light) should not be illuminated.

When an adult sits in the seat the classification light should turn on and seat belt light flash if belt not worn.

If a child or small package is put on the seat the classification light should be off and seat belt light flash if not worn or attached to the buckle.

Is the airbag light on the drivers dash console in front of you is ON when you drive and the classification light OFF? If this is the case there is a problem with the passengers airbag system.

The seat has a sensor to detect weight, perhaps the coffee damaged this sensor. It might correct itself once the liguid dries up, don't know.

The airbag computer does a test each time the ign key is turned on. If the problem corrects itself the system will reset.

Cost? Have no idea. The dealer has tools to allow pinpointing the problem, the issue is the sensor and time to install a new one.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Angelica81
Hey I'm hoping someone is able to help me. I drive a 2007 Camry. Yesterday while driving my coffee flipped out of the tray (I had very stupidly put in on the seat) and spilled upside down by the passenger side door and underneath the passenger seat. I cleaned it up as much as I could but this morning I noticed the air bag lights for the passenger side did not turn on.

Any insight as to how serious this is? Or how much it will cost to fix? I'm taking it in on Monday (the soonest I could get it in), but am slightly freaked out at how much this is going to cost me.

Thanks!
Can you please tell me how did you resolve this problem? I have the same problem but the light dont goes on or off even with a person on the seat, and the airbag light is always on...

Old 05-01-2010, 08:20 AM

thanksss the best web to make more and more money www.wowlife.tk www.easymoneynow.tk