Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

convert 03 camry into 06 camry

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Default convert 03 camry into 06 camry

i have a 03 camry. i was wondering if it is possible to make my 03 into a 06. the headlights and the tailights are the same size and shape.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:03 PM

Yes you can change them around, the only problem about it would be the headlights. There is 4 bulbs in the newer lights and only 3 in yours. I know cuz i wanted to change mine also. I changed my brakelights to the 05 SE lights which has a black housing. I never changed my headlights around cuz I didnt want to go through the trouble of doing wires but Im glad I kept my 02 lights and front bumper. I also changed my grille to an 05 which has alot of chrome. The reason why im glad i didnt change my headlights is because I wanted to have my headlights have a black housing and my foglights to be smoked also. So I looked around and found out that they have alot of black housing headlights for the 02-03 but nothing for the newer 05's and they have alot of smoked foglights for our model but not much for the 05. If you look at my profile pic of my car you will see what I mean. Imma post more pics of my car later.

So yes you can change the brakelights around easily, but if you want the headlights than you're gonna have to do some wiring work for the headlights. Our turn signals are on the outside of the headlights but the newer 05's have their turn signals close to the grille while having their running lights on the outside of the lights. So they have 4 wires and bulbs on the new lights and we only have 3.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Default thanx man

ur camry is realli sweet btw. yea im going 2 take ur advice and leave the headlights alone and just work on the tail lights. thanx a bunch man.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:11 PM

I just put up pics of the SE tailights on my car. Its got a black housing inside the lights which makes the red part of the lights a darker red compared to the normal 05 lights. If you want your front end to look like an 05 you can keep ur lights but just change your bumper it'll look like an 05 easy.