Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Getting HID's

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 02:58 AM
Default Getting HID's

Hi, I have 2007 Camry SE and I want to switch my day/night lights to HID... and maybe the fog too... I have no idea what to get/do so could someone please help me out? How much would this cost me and what should I get for the best outcome? Thanks a lot in advance! xD

Old 11-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Default RE: Getting HID's

Hello bzedx, getting HID Kit is a good idea. It costs around 300 bucks, I have an 07 Camry SE as well, I got mine at ebay, look for MTEC HID Kit for Camry its $280 plus $35 s/h, OR you can go to xenondepot.com and get the Mculloch HID Kit, its around $300 plus as well. We have H11 bulbs for headlights and fog lights. If you want to achieve that white with a hint of blue light go with 6000K, if you want to go totally blue go with 8000K, but if you want the best light output, go for 4500K or 5000K, keep in mind that the LOWER the K(kelvin) the GREATER the light output. I got 6000K. It is white light, and at certain angles its has a hint of blue but its not as bright as my friend's 4500K HID on his 07 Camry, but his is just plain white light. Eitherway even if you get the 8000K which lights totally blue, it will still have a greater ligh output than your factory halogen bulbs. Factory HID that comes with Lexus, Acura's and BMW have 4300K, it is bright with a hint of blue, but the blueish light came from the projector lens, NOT from the xenon bulbs, if you put 4500K in your 07 Camry, it will be just bright white light, I advise you to go with 6000K, its bright white light with that hint of blue just like the Lexus's and BMW's. Good luck!

Old 11-26-2007, 11:48 PM

How long and difficult was installation? Do you have to do any drilling to mount anything?

Old 11-27-2007, 08:24 AM

I'm going with 4300k just like my dad's LS. Once you go past 6000k you get the cool color but your light output drops. I did a side by side comparison the other night with a EVO,a BMW a Lexus and a Avalon LTD with a Legacy with a 6000k kit. And they blew away the Legacy for light, but the Legacy did look cool the blue hue in the lights. Hope that helps.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-08-2007, 05:27 PM

$300?! Man did you overpay! I got mine for $140 plus $20 for shipping. I checked with the guy I bought it from to see if he has more and if it's okay for me to post his email to those interested. The kit is pretty simple plug and play, it was just a pain finding room for the transformers for one of the headlights. I only did the low beam head lights at 8000K. They have a blue tint but they are bright as all hell and look so sick. I know one guy said that they aren't as bright as the 6000K or lower, but honestly who needs them any brighter than what I have? This morning there was no one on the highway coming to work (it was 5am) and my co-worker was about 2 miles ahead of me and could see me coming so yeah, they're plenty bright. So don't worry about that part, just get the color you like. You'll be okay with the brightness. Install takes about 3-4 hours but I had them installed. I'm not too familiar with that kinda stuff and didn't want to take the chance of screwing it up. It only cost me $75 but I bring a ton of business to the Car Shop I went to so they always hook me up.

Hope this helps!

Seth

Old 12-13-2007, 02:59 PM

I talked to the guy who I bought my HIDs from. If anyone's interested let me know and he'll get you a sweet deal. I'll send the email addy to anyone who wants it.

Seth

Old 12-13-2007, 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Seth937

I talked to the guy who I bought my HIDs from. If anyone's interested let me know and he'll get you a sweet deal. I'll send the email addy to anyone who wants it.

Seth

Who makes his HID kits??

Old 12-16-2007, 05:38 PM

wouldn't mind getting some HIDS for that price. any chance you can send me his email. and curious who makes them??

Old 12-17-2007, 01:53 AM

The brand is BAC. You can email the guy at mikhail912@aol.com and just tell him Seth sent you about the HIDs. He'll take care of ya. I can tell you the lights are great. I've had'em for a few months with no problem. Love the color, brightness, everything.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: bzedx

Hi, I have 2007 Camry SE and I want to switch my day/night lights to HID... and maybe the fog too... I have no idea what to get/do so could someone please help me out? How much would this cost me and what should I get for the best outcome? Thanks a lot in advance! xD
What color would you like to have?? Btw, do you like the 8000k with bluish light??

Quick Reply: Getting HID's