Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

How much to install a body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Default How much to install a body kit?

Hey guys, I want to install a body kit for my 96 Camry. I was looking at the cyber one. I was just wondering what the cost I should be expecting when I go ask the body shop. I was alsogoing to get it painted black, do you thinki should have the guys who are going to paint it also install the body kit? The paint place is the francise Earl Schieb's. Thanks

Old 08-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Default RE: How much to install a body kit?

If you are talking about the cyber bodykit on ebay it's gonna cost you a pretty penny to have it installed. The reason for this is that these bodykits are (almost always) not even close to being a decent fit. The shops usually have to spend a lot of time fitting these kits. Labor is around $45-$65 an hour (US) so even if it takes them about 8 hours. That's as much as $520 just to get the bodykit on the car. Not including paint or the extra fiberglass they'll need to use because your bodykit might have come cracked in spots. If you look at bodykits that veilside makes (not for the camry, just making a point), they cost upwards of $1500. This is because these kits are exact fits. I've seen a car with a fake veilside bodykit (you can tell it's fake because Veilside puts their name on the rear bumper) and it looked absolutely terrible even after it was "fully installed" and "done". If you care about your car, you won't buy a cheap kit like this.

Oh and as for the paint. If you go to some franchise place odds are they won't even paint just the bodykit. Even if they did, the color match would be terrible. It's really kinda hard to get a bodykit on an older car without it looking terrible because the cars paint has faded a lot over the years and this paint will be brand new. If you notice, all the honda kids with their 90 civic hatch's always custom paint them when they get bodykits. Well either that or they leave the bumpers primed and drive around like it's two-toned.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Default RE: How much to install a body kit?

Oh man! I was hoping that it would be around $200 max! You guess rite that i was look on ebay, I saw the cyber bodykit from VFiber originality and they guarantee fitment. Althought it will cost me about $200 extra.
As far as the paint, my paint job is peeling off already so i was gonna get the body kit installed and then get the whole car painted black. I hope that will make the color look better rite?
I looked at Veilside's website, i knew they wouldn't have a body kit for me. You think its worth it for me get the one that guarantee's installment or they give me a new kit?