Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

My first Toyota Camry

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 10:49 AM
Default My first Toyota Camry

Hello. I just got a 2002 Camry. My friend flips cars and he transferred the engine and transmission from a 2005 into the 2002 I am driving. Ive had to do a couple things so far, get a harness for the aftermarket side mirrors to work, motor blower fan & resistor, a very cheap android head unit, and some inside door pull latches. I am in the process of getting the struts replaced. One issue i am having is the hood vibrates while waiting at a red light. Bolts have been tightened and I do know it was in an accident but dont know the details.

Aside from that are there amy known issues that I should know about? Also, although this is my work car, I do want to make it and keep it nice.

Jesse

Old 03-16-2024, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the Camry!
The 2AZ-FE engine in your car is pretty decent for the most part. It has been known to consume oil after so much mileage.
If the car is an automatic, then you may get the torque converter shudder. Pretty common with the 4 cylinder automatic transmissions but you can drive it with the shudder for quite sometime, more annoying than anything.
Other than that, basic maintenance.
There is some adjustments that can be made on fitment on the hood. I'd start with the rubber bumpers under the hood, you can turn them left or right to lower or raise them. Maybe just raising them up a bit so the hoods sits on them will do the trick?

Old 03-16-2024, 12:22 AM

Hello Sir.
Thank you for replying. That shudder that you speak of, I womder if its what I have happening. In regards to the hood, I have tried the rubber bumpers and even tightened up the bolts on the hinges. Again thank you for responding.

Jesse

Old 03-17-2024, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Your car has had some rough run ins and the hinges might be bent. I did some poking around on google and found that they are easily skewed. I would consider new hinges, they aren't expensive but you will need to paint them if not buying used.

Old 03-17-2024, 01:13 AM

Okay good to go I just happened to go to the junkyard the other day and pick up a set of hinges on a car that only had rear end damage. Thank you for the heads up I really appreciate it I actually was trying to do the research however I didn't find the results that you got

Old 03-19-2024, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck and keep us posted with your progress!