Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

My new paint!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Default My new paint!

Just this week I brought my '93 dark green camry home from the shop. It had a bunch of little door dings and two large dents from where I've been hit while parked.. Texans are bad at backing up!!

I got brand new paint thats pretty close to the original, and soon I will be putting on tint, so it wont get as hot inside..

I'll post before and after pics as soon as I can find some batteries!

Old 08-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Default RE: My new paint!

When I got my car I had about a million marks from door dings on my car. I dont know just how bad the marks on your car are, but if they were anything like the ones I had on mine, they will come out with a clay bar. As for the dents... cant help you there. Hurry up and get those batteries.

-Jason

Old 08-04-2006, 04:57 AM

mmmmm new paint job sounds sweet, how much it costin u?

Old 08-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

new paint is always good hey. anyone got any more info on the clay bar i've never used one?

Old 08-09-2006, 01:39 AM

i know about using a clay bar but i had far too much damage. someone ran into me about a year and half ago and then another backed into my door so it was time to have Dan worked on.

I brought it home from the shop and there were several places that werent touched, little pieces of paint that were missing, were painted over and not sanded, and the rock chips on my hood were painted over. plus there was a HUGE patch on my trunk that had no clear coat whatsoever. So, i took it back and now im expecting it back on thursday or friday, hopefully by then i will have found some batteries!

When i picked it up i paid $1000 for body and paint, which was the best deal in town because everyone else wanted $1500+ for just body work and blending, and $3000+ for new paint...

A little web searching about clay bars will inform you alot, but make sure you've got a garage to do it in

Old 08-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: lavalleemike

new paint is always good hey. anyone got any more info on the clay bar i've never used one?
go out to your autostore and buy a kit. its 10-18 dollars usually.
makes your paint as smooth as glass, my friends cant stop touching my car...although that could be a bad thing.
its a once a year or less type of thing as it does take off a thin layer of clear coat but it takes off contaminants etc.

one bar can usually do 3 cars, and DONT drop the bar otherwise it'll be no good with debris absorbed into it scratching ur car each time u go over your paint with it.
be warned it can take a while so reserve half a day to a day to do the whole process correctly.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:38 PM

we need piks lauran

Old 08-14-2006, 02:09 PM

good idea with the tinting, im from texas too and thats the best thing you could do to your car with the 100+ heat.[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 08-14-2006, 05:57 PM

BAD NEWS!!!

Too bad I still can't give you guys pics, I went to the shop last friday to pick up my car (after talking to the guy and scheduled a time to pick it up) and it wasnt ready. WHY would you tell me to come get it when the paint isnt even done curing, and you havent buffed anything?!?!?!? So, I'm stuck driving a chevy and this is turning into a NIGHTMARE!!!

Whats a girl to do?

*Cross your fingers and hope that tomorrow I get a call, I really miss Dan!!*

P.S. I found a place down the street that has tinting for $89 with a lifetime guarantee, and I've heard good things about them.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:59 PM

I'm guessing Dan is the name of your car.

-Jason

Quick Reply: My new paint!