Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

the new camry's are ugly!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Default the new camry's are ugly!

at least thats what i orginally thought when i saw the pics back in 2007...took a little while for it to grow on me but now i actually think they look pretty darn nice...especially with the SE lip kit and lip spoiler...a nice tint job and i'm liking it...

anyone else didn't like the design when it first came out?

Old 03-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Default RE: the new camry's are ugly!

A quiet, soft ride still characterizes the Camry's on-road demeanor, though this year's revisions give the handling dynamics a slightly sportier feel. Still, the overriding impression is one of refinement and a somewhat isolated feel from the road compared to more athletic competitors like the Mazda 6 and Nissan Altima. Toyota knows that the majority of buyers in this market segment are more interested in comfortable, stress-free travel than tearing through corners, and the refined and very capable 2007 Camry should once again prove to be a hit with them.

[align=center]__________________________________________________ __________________
Autopartswarehouse Really Rocks My World!
[/align]

Old 03-27-2008, 10:26 AM

I don't think they're "ugly", but I don't like them at all. I think they look like a Nissan. I might get booed at this site for saying this, but the appeal of the previous Camrys was that they weren't unnecessarily flashy or sporty, unlike the new models. They were just reliable and safe, with the tradeoff of being boring.

Unfortunately, Americans tie too much of our image into our cars, and won't accept anything but bigger, faster, sportier looking "improvements" in the evolution of cars. The new Camry is essentially the same interior size as previous models, but is larger on the outside, has a few more horsepower, and the same fuel efficiency. It would be nice to have the same size, same horsepower, and another MPG or two. But that's not what Americans will buy. What's the appeal of a more powerful sedan? I haven't seen any speed limits being increased, they're all going down everywhere that urban development is sprawling.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:07 PM

I don't think they're "ugly", but I don't like them at all.
[sm=exactly.gif]

I might get booed at this site for saying this, but the appeal of the previous Camrys was that they weren't unnecessarily flashy or sporty, unlike the new models. They were just reliable and safe, with the tradeoff of being boring.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Unfortunately, Americans tie too much of our image into our cars, and won't accept anything but bigger, faster, sportier looking "improvements" in the evolution of cars.
[sm=exactly.gif]

I haven't seen any speed limits being increased, they're all going down everywhere that urban development is sprawling.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 03-30-2008, 12:17 PM

Yea I agree the new ones look like a car from a nissan lineup. Nissan cars in the past couple of years have had more of a sharp cut head lamp, and the camrys show that. By the way what is up with the new Corollas? Why make them look so similar to a camry. You mind as well be buying a mini camry in appearance anyways. Same goes with the new nissans like the altimas, maximas, and sentras. Why make models that all look so similar? Why try to be BMW or other euro companies with the whole pattened look?

Old 04-01-2008, 09:23 PM

I kinda like it. And i like that they're safe and with no frills. you can just mod it if you want a snazzier ride.[8D]

Old 04-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Toe

I was actually never a fan of the Toyota Camry until i went shopping for a new car in February. I love it.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:08 PM

I have to admit Camrys look like very plastic these days. They remind me of more of a disposable American Cars. There was one style that I will always love. Look at this gem. Look like it can go 200,000 miles and be past down to a teenager.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:13 PM

Yea, but if they sell what Americans "should" want and not what they "do" want...then customers go somewhere else. Not to mention that the camry still seems to be selling well... *shrug*

Old 04-24-2008, 07:13 PM

I totally disagree. For me I find the new Camry really cool especially if it has rims, lowered and body kits...

Quick Reply: the new camry's are ugly!