Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

oo7 Camry Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Default oo7 Camry Spoiler

Hey guys, I was in Dubai and bought a spoiler for my 007 Camry. It is painted white but my car is black I wont to paint it black and install it on my car how should I paint it properlly?

How should I install it I dont wont to screw it on, should I just use the two sided tape that it came with will that be enough?

Old 05-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Default RE: oo7 Camry Spoiler

its not just a matter of how..but also your experiance on body work...if you have never painted nothing...chances are you're not going to get it right the first time..and since you don't want to screw up take it to a body shop have them paint it and may be you cant install it on your car...it not cheap to buy a sprayer, compressor, matirials, paint..and not to mention your time...just to paint one spoiler......but if you want to learn the craft and possibly do other projects then in mit be worst doing it yourself....

Old 05-01-2007, 08:06 PM

Ill take it to my dealer to paint it, but I dont wont them to screw holes in the back trunk wouldnt those stickers be enough?

Old 05-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

3m tape alone for an oem type spoiler is not enough. 3m is only good for lip spoilers, and even those recommend bolts. last thing you want to do is have it fly off, injure/damage something/someone and then get sued, and feel bad about it.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:09 PM

My official dealer said he will paint it for $100 and he also sugested bolting it. Thats 100 cause they know me apparentlly its a lot more for others... God knows those "friends" but yeah im gona bolt it what about corrosion the water that gets under the spoiler? Should I tell them to use the sticker and bolts together? With out sticker its gona scratch the back trunk?

I'm from Russia, Moscow in my city nobody sues anybody even if God forbid someone gets killed, if it would fly of into another car well thats for the Insurance guys to handle my car is Insured. Although I have nothing to worry about as I'm gona bolt it, thank you for the advice guys