Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:46 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Powerful Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:13 PM

LEDs don't work as driving lights. I'm going to buy a HID H-11 kit. When DDM tuning has them in stock. A slimline kit is only 45.00. Which is cheaper than a set of H-11 bulbs from PIAA.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by toycam00
i have a 2000 camry, basically we have the same headlights. mine was fogged too. I polished it last year, but now its coming back. now i just ordered a new set of headlights. but, what i did with the bulbs, is changed my low beam 9006 bulb with an xenon 8k HID kit. I also tried the LED, dont get it! it looks nice, looks like an HID, but it doesnt work as a headlight. its works just like a park light. dont waste money on it, just go directly to HID. go for 6K or 8k.
Thank you for your opinion.

What other changes should i do when moving to Xenon 8k HID kit? I mean, do i have to install anything else in support to HID kit for less damage to battery and load on camry? Thanks

Old 09-23-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by mkv_camry
Thank you for your opinion.

What other changes should i do when moving to Xenon 8k HID kit? I mean, do i have to install anything else in support to HID kit for less damage to battery and load on camry? Thanks
all you got to buy is the wiring kit for the HID. everything is plug n play. just connect everything and thats it!

Old 09-24-2011, 05:05 PM

The newer HID kits are only 35 watts. From what I googled,on youtube, the kits are plug and play. The older kits are bigger and bulky. The slim-lines are thinner and maybe lighter.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by martindt
The newer HID kits are only 35 watts. From what I googled,on youtube, the kits are plug and play. The older kits are bigger and bulky. The slim-lines are thinner and maybe lighter.
even b4, its always been 35 watts.. thats why its better than the regular halogen bulbs. its brighter, doesnt discharge battery like the regular bulbs, longer hour life. but gotta buy the good ones tho. if you buy at ebay, dont buy xentec hids. not good. tried it before, 4-6 months ballasts dies.. buy original xenon hids, itll cost you like 100+ bucks but it has a warranty and quality is good. and for installation, my camry needed the wiring kit coz mine needed a relay for the HID. but if it works for you with out the wiring kit then the better..

Old 09-26-2011, 01:18 PM

even b4, its always been 35 watts.. thats why its better than the regular halogen bulbs. its brighter, doesnt discharge battery like the regular bulbs, longer hour life. but gotta buy the good ones tho. if you buy at ebay, dont buy xentec hids. not good. tried it before, 4-6 months ballasts dies.. buy original xenon hids, itll cost you like 100+ bucks but it has a warranty and quality is good. and for installation, my camry needed the wiring kit coz mine needed a relay for the HID. but if it works for you with out the wiring kit then the better..
Thank you. I was going to order the following

Amazon.com: XenTec Slim Ballast HID Kit H11 6000K (ultrawhite): Automotive

But since you said XenTec is not good, i will have to check other options

Originally Posted by martindt
I will make sure i will get the slim one.

all you got to buy is the wiring kit for the HID. everything is plug n play. just connect everything and thats it!
Thank You. I will look that up. Which wiring kit you use? Any reference? Thanks

Old 09-26-2011, 09:08 PM

Thank You. I will look that up. Which wiring kit you use? Any reference? Thanks[/QUOTE]

no prob! anything to help.

HID Kit Wire Relay Harness [Harness]

try to check on this. or you can just go on ebay. doesnt really need a brand name for wiring kit. you can get it around 14-20 bucks there. same quality as the one here.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:15 PM

HID Kit Wire Relay Harness [Harness]

try to check on this. or you can just go on ebay. doesnt really need a brand name for wiring kit. you can get it around 14-20 bucks there. same quality as the one here.
[/quote]

Thank you

2 questions

1. Is it ok if i order 6000k HID kit from the website you gave? Is it reliable? Is the price fair? I am quoted $79.99 for HID and $20 for wiring kit.

2. Is there any video for DIY for installing the kit? I have never done a DIY and am not too good with electrics.

Appreciate your help.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 PM

Thank you

2 questions

1. Is it ok if i order 6000k HID kit from the website you gave? Is it reliable? Is the price fair? I am quoted $79.99 for HID and $20 for wiring kit.

2. Is there any video for DIY for installing the kit? I have never done a DIY and am not too good with electrics.

Appreciate your help.[/QUOTE]

i did not get mine from that site. i just posted it just for you to watch the video on how to install. and i dont even know why i still posted that video which that video is not so useful for you. i was even confused about the it,my bad. but this is where i bought mine: HID Lights | HID Kits | Xenon Headlights Kit | HID Headlight Kits | HID Conversion Light and i got no problems yet so far and hopefully not soon too.

its easy to install the kit. this is what i did with mine:
from the wiring kit, red wire goes to battery(red port)
black is ground (goes to body of the car)
and the other wires just go to the ballast and from the ballast goes to the bulbs. anyways, there are videos there, how to install hid kits and troubleshooting and many more. you can check it out. and oh, my wiring kit, i just bought it on ebay. when i bought mine, thought it would work without a relay. found out it needs one. bought it like 14 bucks last year

Old 09-28-2011, 11:47 AM

i did not get mine from that site. i just posted it just for you to watch the video on how to install. and i dont even know why i still posted that video which that video is not so useful for you. i was even confused about the it,my bad. but this is where i bought mine: HID Lights | HID Kits | Xenon Headlights Kit | HID Headlight Kits | HID Conversion Light and i got no problems yet so far and hopefully not soon too.

its easy to install the kit. this is what i did with mine:
from the wiring kit, red wire goes to battery(red port)
black is ground (goes to body of the car)
and the other wires just go to the ballast and from the ballast goes to the bulbs. anyways, there are videos there, how to install hid kits and troubleshooting and many more. you can check it out. and oh, my wiring kit, i just bought it on ebay. when i bought mine, thought it would work without a relay. found out it needs one. bought it like 14 bucks last year
Thank you for the link. I looked on youtube and found a couple of videos for same. It does look like an easy plug and play thing but you never know with this electrical things.

I am going to order it today from link you gave. Will try it out and hopefully everything should work out soon. Thanks

Quick Reply: Powerful Headlights