Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2004 Camry JBL audio system

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Default 2004 Camry JBL audio system

Hi - our audio system died on us a while back. We went through a brief period where it would flicker on and off - no response when trying to listen to the radio, or the CD player. It finally quit altogether. I finally got around to pulling it out of the dash this morning - unplugged the main wire harness, the antennas. I was hoping maybe a loose connection would be apparent - or a bad fuse - something like that. Even while playing around with it, the display flickered to life, though there was no sound of any kind. Thought I might get lucky and find a fuse in the back of the unit. No luck.

I admit, I know little about car stereo ... I have since discovered the unit is connected to a JBL amp - I am guessing it's either under the passenger seat - or maybe mounted up behind the glove compartment. I unplugged a few connectors, replugged them - no change. The radio display flickers for a passing instant - the display shows FM 107.9 (& other bits of info ) - no sound whatsoever - then it goes blank again. Over the past few months, it seems these audio systems are plagued with problems. The original unit was adequate when it worked - and we don't want to waste money if it's something simple I over looked.

Ideas anyone ???? Before I run off to my big-box electronics store ......

Gepetto ........... Tampa Florida

Last edited by Gepetto; 07-04-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: I learned more info ...............