Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Entune 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 03:25 PM
Default Entune 3.0

I have just purchased a 2019 Camry XLE and I am totally frustrated by the Entune system. Does the whole system have to be activated by a IPhone? I have a MAP button BUT it does absolutely nothing. When I try to Customize the screen as shown in YouTube, with some photos on a flash drive none of the screens or directions correlate with the instructions. What am I doing wrong. If this post is redundant and has been shown before I apologize but I tried the search button and did not get any other questions that helped.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

The best advice is to ask at dedicated Entune websites or Toyota DIY websites that have an Entune section.

Entune has a LOT of problems and dedicated sites would deal with them much more frequently.

Entune was discontinued in 2020 and replaced by something called Toyota application. You may be able to get rid of Entune and replace it with the Toyota application.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:50 AM

Thank you for the posts, gentlemen. I have also been having issues with my 2015 Camry XSE with the Entune Suite. This vehicle was also purchased used and all aspects of the radio/entertainment system worked great, or seemed to, as I learned to use it and what it was allegedly capable of. Below is a response/comment I posted on another posting about Entune issues. I too have taken my limited technological expertise to its limits with regard to easy resets and software updates. Similar to Timkins42, please advise if there is a glaringingly obvious update or quick fix that I am missing. Something that Timkins42 noted that I did not mention - The steering wheel controls work when they choose to. The radio still plays and the system still syncs with my iPhone for hands free. Pandora is no longer supported by Toyota but that is a recent development. The system will still play music saved on my phone from Pandora but I have to choose each song as I drive along; there is no smooth advancement from one song on my phone to another. Sirius is still good. As stated below, the clock keeps accurate time when it wants to.

------I am experiencing similar with my 2015 Camry XSE. It has the Entune Suite with Grace Note, but no JBL upgrade. I purchased this car used in January 2022 and am now experiencing map issues in addition to the back up camera working sporadically and the clock freezing on a time whenever it chooses. Turning the car off and on appears to reset the clock, but the back up camera still appears to have a mind of its own. I understand that this is a 7 year old car regardless of when I actually took ownership, and that numerous technology updates and improvements have occurred along the way. I am just not sure what I should expect out of this entertainment center as I move forward. It appears that a new, aftermarket system that is comparable to what I have now will run about $1,100.00 and up. OUCH!

I assumed the map SD card needed to be updated so I bought one online, not from Toyota. All of the glitches outlined above were happening before I tried a new SD card update. In following the instructions for the map update, the screen starts out telling me the updated software is loading, and I should not turn the car off until it is complete. I do not. The screen also shows that "0" or 1 of 13 steps is loading, please wait. It then reverts back to the standard screen, showing my music options and the map screen (my chosen default screen). It never tells me the software update is complete. This series of screens and readouts happens each time I start the car with the new SD card installed. I am wondering if it already had the most updated map information installed? Possibly a bad SD card from the vendor? I have followed the soft reset and hard reset procedures listed online for this system, but nothing seems to right itself. I have also disconnected the battery for a time. This used to be the ultimate "hard reset" for all devices.

Beyond the GPS/Map/ SD card update - I have read in several different feeds that the Entune Suite is not the greatest and that Toyota no longer supports it. Or, Entune no longer supports Toyota, however you want to say it. Further, if I want to update my "infotainment" system, I need to go to Toyota.com and download the app for the the radio to my phone to stay current with updates. I note that when I do this, the app is constantly on and basically tracking me, regardless of whether the car is on or close by. I have to think to turn the app off in my phone or it wears down my battery much more quickly, along with the other concerns that go along with Toyota tracking me 24/7 for no apparent reason other than marketing purposes.

Up to this point, I have more questions than answers. Another question I have regarding the Entune System that is no longer supported by Entune - I have a pre-historic iPhone 8. Is this device too old to work with and support the Entune system? I am kind of unimpressed at this time with the Toyota radio and information system in this car. Things I have read along the way indicate this was not a stellar system from day one and Toyota was basically the only entity giving it rave reviews. If anyone out there can point out a bone-head maneuver I have made along the way or a procedure that I have not pursued that is as clear as the nose on my face, please advise.

Last edited by WV Camry Guy; 06-05-2022 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-05-2022, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

I have a 2012 Camry that originally came with a head unit that utilized Entune. Of course we all know Entune is now the Toyota App.
I'm going to try to sync this old girl up here in the next day or two and maybe I'll be able to help you guys out.
I'll keep you posted with my luck.

Old 06-06-2022, 07:43 AM

Thanks, Patonium. The inability to use/program the map function seems to have started the whole mess for me, or at least that is when I started noting the other issues. I continued to use my phone for GPS directions from day one until one day I decided, "I have this map display taking up half of my radio screen display, I should probably use it."

Old 06-11-2022, 09:37 AM

Quick update - My radio has crapped out completely. Might be just a fuse (wishful thinking), but it won't even turn on. Raining today so I won't be getting down low to look at the fuse box until after it dries up outside. Back up camera works all of the time now, but no other activity on the screen. phones won't sync to Bluetooth, nothing. Setting up an appt. at Toyota one day next week. I hate to do it, but the local after-market car audio store works on and installs only after-market systems. Will not work on or diagnose factory units. I will advise what comes about. Suffice to say, not real impressed with this Toyota entertainment system.

Old 06-12-2022, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Ooof, sorry to hear this and I do appreciate the update.
Unfortunately, I think the dealer is the best route on this. Somethings are just so complex these days and it takes the dealer to diagnose.
A 2019 car should not be having any of these issues, I hope it is a simple update or reset issue.
Thanks again for keeping us posted and good luck.