Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

'21 Rear USB Cable/Port

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 09:08 PM
Default '21 Rear USB Cable/Port

I'd like to add the rear USB port that's offered by Toyota. I'm guessing along with it being installed at the factory it can also be a dealer installed item. I can't find this assembly anywhere.

Has anybody installed one or know where this item can be found? I really don't want to go with a universal one if I don't have to. It seems that the real OEM part would have the correct connector to plug in somewhere under the dash. I don't think it would be spliced into the harness.

I also wonder how it it's installed in the rear of the console. Does a hole have to be drilled or is there a removable panel that is replaced by the new one?

Thanks!

Old 05-23-2021, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

If a dealer install there may be a kit. Start by contacting a Toyota parts department to determine if a kit is available as a dealer would glean any kit from their parts department..

Old 05-23-2021, 04:57 PM

I found the installation instructions elsewhere and it's a fairly involved process in removing the various panels to get at the power source, which is under the dash. But with the cost of the part it's just a few more dollars extra to have them do it. I can let the tech worry about trying not to break a mounting tab on the trim!