Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

AHHH HELP 94 camry HU replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Default AHHH HELP 94 camry HU replacement

i've recently bought a new sony xplod headunit model cdx-gt07. i'm trying to replace it in my 1994 camry. The stock radio has 2 adaptors/plugs/converters. the thing that plugs into the back of the hu not the antenne, but my new one only has one. basicly it doesn't fit. is there some way i can get a converter of sorts? or do i have to rewire the whole thing. if so ne tips?
thx[/align]

Old 11-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: AHHH HELP 94 camry HU replacement

if u got it from an audo shop, they should have told you to get a harness kit.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:05 PM

Here's what you need:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...mp;i=120701761

Old 11-28-2007, 09:30 PM

thx sooo much. but another questions my speakers are sodered on. can i just rip those off and then attach the wires to the new speakers. and if i can do i need to resoder it onto the new speakers?

Old 11-28-2007, 10:35 PM

well it depends. are you replacing the wire to the speaker? if not all you have to do is connect the harness kit to the harness that came with the HU, plug them in and you're good to go.

if you are replacing the wire to the speaker then use a sodering iron to melt the old soder and then clear the hole so you can connect the new wire.

my suggestion is if you are stayin with stock speakers then you dont need to worry bout runnin new speaker wire. when you start thinkin bout external amps and aftermarket speakers then you might wanna think bout replacing the speaker wire.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:39 AM

I agree, unless ur beefing up the rest of ur audio, just replace the head unit, get a walmart harness adaptor for $7-$10. Thats what I did at first. And also keep in mind, if you wanna change out the speakers you got a LOT of work comin ur way. i honestly wouldnt bother unless they're bad. The rear 6x9's arent actually the standard 6x9, and are mounted differently. In order to replace them, you'd have to resize the holes they go into, meaning cutting the sheet metal. Mine still sounded good, so I left the stock speakers with the stock wire, put in my xplod HU and 2 12" kickersubs and a 1200w xplod amp. If you're goin all out with that kinda stuff, you can get a capkit from walmart for $80 to hook up a system up to 1600w. Just drill a single hole thru the firewall for the amp power and ur all set, installation is a breeze.

I hope all that extra info was any help, I dunno if ur even doin all that (if it cant be fast at least it'll sound good right?)

Old 07-08-2008, 07:29 PM

I'm sorry but stock speakers suck. If you want a real system you need to replace them all. Changing the speakers is very easy in a camry. And for you soldering question def solder that's the only way the wires won't come off. Stock speakers on the older camrys are 15 watts each. That's not loud at all and if you add subwoffers and don't change the speakers the only time you'll hear words is when the bass isn't playing. I have more power out of one of my tweeters than all 4 stock speakers combined. If you don't wana spend a lot of money I can give you the best advice on what you should get and wear. And installing 6x9s don't require any cutting all you have to do is put them in and get self tapping screws cause the holes won't line up

Old 07-10-2008, 10:05 AM

hi guys maybe from those website you could look for what you really want
[/b]
http://www.onvon.com/car-dvd-player-c-29.html?skey=w03[/b]
[/b]
http://www.onvon.com/digital-camera-camcorder-c-71.html?skey=w03[/b]
[/b]
http://www.onvon.com/tft-lcd-monitors-c-21.html?skey=w03[/b]
hmm with my great thanks that if there would be have someone to visit it and evey registered in this webisite.
thank in advance