Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Avin Avant-2 android deck, plus backup and front facing cam installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 05:32 AM
Default Avin Avant-2 android deck, plus backup and front facing cam installation

Howdy all!

I recently picked up an 2011 Camry and found very quickly I wanted to update the stock head unit. I have quite a bit of familiarity with the AvinUSA Avant-2 in other vehicles so that was my first choice without hesitation.

Not only is the install really straight forward, but if you can turn a screwdriver, you can do it too. I also included a backup camera, and front facing camera as well.

I wanted to share with the community, so built out a complete DIY installation guide. All of the obvious caveats.. this is DIY and best effort possible, so doing this work you assume full risk in doing so.

All in all, this took roughly three hours, and would have been about two if I hadn't been documenting every step along the way. The upgrade is absolutely worth it, so if you have been watching these systems, the Avant-2 is fantastic!

My install guide is too big for attachments, so shared it up to my Onedrive location.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...c6c34%21300221

Any questions let me know!

Last edited by raichean; 05-25-2015 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator

Nice write up! Thanks for sharing.
Where did you get the unit and how much?