Entunes 3.0 is pretty bad - Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:58 PM

Default Entunes 3.0 is pretty bad

After researching the 2018 camry I traded my car in and took the plunge. The entunes has many little flaws that are almost impossible to know about until after the fact. For example, there is no album art while the car is in motion. After reading, I found out that it is intentional. Now what makes me mad, is that Toyota thinks album artwork is distracting but people can still text and drive. To make matters more confusing, my 2017 lexus es350 and nx200t display artwork. I guess Toyota, who makes both cars, feel lexus drivers are more responsible than camry drivers. Little things like this are mind numbing. I know they are following supposed rules but if that's the case, why does lexus still allow it?

Last edited by Lcrngrs; 02-23-2018 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Spellkn
Old 02-24-2018, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

You sure there is no work around for this?

Some of these issues are covered by federal law. Others perhaps because Toyota doesn't want to get sued because someone is looking at the console instead of the road.

Lexus is another division in Toyota. They may not talk to Camry. Often the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is is doing.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:15 PM

Who needs album art? There is a WORLD on the other side of the windshield glass. It is gorgeous. And, since you are supposed to driving, you should be looking at that.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:32 PM

That's so profound, I thought it was just traffic on the other side.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcrngrs View Post
That's so profound, I thought it was just traffic on the other side.
I suppose you could check that every 15 or 20 minutes also. Just make sure you don't miss anything on the console screen.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:48 PM

Thanks for the courteous response toyomoho.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:35 PM

Toyota feels that it's a distraction for you to see album art, so they replaced it with a VERY distracting bright white box with the USB logo. Brilliant.