Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Upgrading Factory Stereo to Factory Navigation

Old 06-04-2018, 10:42 PM
Default Upgrading Factory Stereo to Factory Navigation

i have your basic 2015 camry SE witha non JBS system. I want the factory navigation, but no idea which one i need. I see lots on ebay but i try to cross reference the part numbers at the toyota dealer and they cant even find the part numbers the ebay sellers are providing. I see quite a few on ebay from $500-$1500. Has anyone ever done this? I know i will also need to purchase a gps antenna. Thanks for your help!

Old 06-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

A part number 86804-06100 appears to be the current Toyota dealer replacement radio/nav system for your car. This part number could have superseded the one for a unit installed when the car was built. As such the confusion over part numbers at the dealer.

Stereo/nav part numbers can interchange with others. Some Ebay sellers list the interchange numbers.

There is a standard stereo/nav system and a premium. The premium stereo has a JBL radio. This radio requires a remote stereo amp, which was also installed at the factory.

Stereo/nav options varied with specific model such as LE, SE and XLE. The SE may not have the wiring, etc. for the more premium options offered with the XLE.

Many Ebay sellers provide a list of compatible years, models, options their product fits. Some are also very clear about what additions will be needed to a car if not already installed, one being the remote amp.

These stereo/nav packages have different wiring harnesses. If you can access the back of your cars system, you can determine what wiring plugs are available. Take a picture for future reference.

Suggest you read the ads on Ebay and note the differences for the equipment offered such as JBL. Find one that appears to fit your car, then CONFIRM the fit with the seller! Some sellers can use the cars VIN to check.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:53 PM
Arrow 2015 Camry Se

Hello, for your question here is the answer.
The correct Panasonic part number is. CV-VS81E0GX. These Camry models have an audio unit from 2 different manufacturers. One is Fujitsu Ten and another one is Panasonic. If you have the base unit and want to upgrade to JBL amp units it is hard to upgrade. The car isn't wired for any other upgraded units. The base unit has only 4 connectors ) 6 and 10 pins for audio side and 28 pins and a 24 pin and 12 pins .and upgraded unit has 6 or 7 connectors. I am working in Panasonic with Car audio systems and it will be very hard to make it work. If you make it work than you a genius person.