Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   whose got the best system (https://www.camryforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-11/whose-got-best-system-1780/)

camryd3 06-02-2007 09:47 PM

whose got the best system

hey i just wanted to set a post just asking some of the installs you guys did on your stereo and who has the best system in their camry
just wanted to see who gets the bragging rights on nicest system

camryd3 06-03-2007 05:57 PM

RE: whose got the best system

no one wants to show off theirstereo system set-ups?

Black95Cam 06-03-2007 07:11 PM

mine is in the process of being upgraded it. i did have 2x 15s (Crossfire CF215) but drop those to get 2x 12s (Planet Audio RX2124). but right now i have 2x 12s (TMA) in there for the time being. still waiting for the spec for the subs and MDF to arrive.

camryd3 06-03-2007 10:16 PM

nice system right now i have one diamond d3 15 wit a diamond 400 wat amp and im building a huge ported box for 2 diamond d3 15's wit a kenwood exelon 1200 watt amp. putting a second battery in and then gonna get a 4 channel for my rockford and alpine type s 6.5 door speakers. it should be done this summer.

Black95Cam 06-04-2007 01:41 AM

thanks.. sounds like you have more thought out plan.. im just doing my system for the summer then taking it back out cause i'll be moving south (sac) to go to college and dont feel like waking up to any empty lot. the amp im running is a fosgate P5002 (500 watts RMS). also have kenwood 6 1/2 for the front and running 2 extra tweeters.

damn your gonna fit 2 15s in a ported box in your Camry? im guessing your not worrying about trunk space right??. lol. i was going to put my 15s in a ported till they told it will take up the whole trunk and i didnt feel like doing that. so dropped down to 2 12s with a ported box and still have some room left.

camryd3 06-04-2007 07:56 AM

well right now im only 17 and this is a handed down car from my parents. yeah i have no care in the world about the trunk. i just wanted the hardest hitting bass i can to rattle everything. the box i had to make a little modification i was only able to have it go 21 inched deep when the box asked for 22 and and the width of the box gives me less then a inch from the box and the trunk hinges on eash side. i wont have any room at all.

nodrogkam 06-04-2007 12:04 PM

My system is relatively simple and inexpensive - minus the experimentation process...
2 6.5inch 2 wayalpine type s speakers in front + oem tweeter
2 6x9 inch 3way infiniti reference speakers in rear deck with dynamat
1 visonik sub amp kit - 2 10" subs with what i recall to bea 400 watt amp
1 alpine headunit with ipod fullspeed connection
Got good highs, low enough lows for me.

Black95Cam 06-04-2007 10:42 PM

well mine is pretty much hand me down too accept i gave my sister a few grand to pay for their new car reg. fees. but yeah i could really careless about my trunk. and most of my friends tell me i need some highs and i tell them, i dont really care about the highs yet.. i want my to be as loudest i can get for the amount of money i spend and i want to piss people off. but yeah would of probably done the same with the box but i need some room in the back.

camryd3 06-05-2007 12:10 AM

well the only reason i am doing all of this is becasue i work my a** of to actually have this car as my own. i so far pay half of my insurance(200 a month wat i pay) i have already pais 4500 off to my parents and still have another 1500 to go but have till next summer to pay that off and i pay for all my gas and parts for the car myself. while i have 2 jobs to pay for this all and go to high school still.

chocolatemoose 06-05-2007 02:46 AM

im no stranger to the world of paying off debts
all up my car has cost me about 30 grand.... for a 2002 model remember :P
insurance is hefty at 2 grand a year " but its the best of the best agreed value etc.. the car is insured more than waht i paid for it.. so.. wink wink"
my sound system was alot.. but mostly cos install costs are stupid

orion speakers 6x9 3way coaxles. as well as 4"indash and 6x9" 3 way door speakers
clarion 12"sub with 3000w clarion amp (i dont like the 12" to MUCH bass.. gona go for a smaller 10" so it fits more snug in the boot
monster cableing "meh .. not as good as it used to be"
all that is tied to the nessa 10.5" flip down dvd and indash 7" dvd
id like to find a way to tie the dvd player into the cars audio without using FM.. god fm tuners suck
either that or remove the CD stacker and get one of those ipod conector docks " i cant seem to find one that works for australian models. anyone know anything about this???"

good quality sound is better than volume

cookie

Black95Cam 06-05-2007 09:37 AM

yeah i understand where your coming from camryd3. everything thats has been done to my car is out of my own pocket. im too in high school. but is graduatiing on this friday.

anywaise but to topic. as for quality, my will sound good if the volume is low but other then that, most of the time you hear the bass way over powering the highs and mids.. at this point of time that dont matter to me yet. i just want to annoye (sp?) people. and drown other people out who think their walmart **** is loud. =D

soundcontrol 09-27-2007 12:16 PM

Mine has been a lot of work in the making. 2004 Carmy with CDT 6x9 mids in the door, Kicker Resolution 3.5 mids in the dash and ADS 1.25 tweeters in the top of the door runningall as a 3-way setup through Alpine F#1 x-overs. JL audio 300/4 bi-amped on thethe front3 way comps with a JL audio1000/1 on the subs. I have an Alpine MRV100powering an ID8 V.3in the center console with an Alpine CDA-7995cd player. I also have a Crossfire X-over for the 3way comp and the ID8 V3. My subs very. Right now I'm running a JL audio 13W6V2in a 3.5Ft^3 ported box, I can also use that box with a Digital Designs 9100 15". I also have a Focal 13" 33V2 sub in a 2ft^2 ported box and DLS10" in a 1.75ft^3 box. The reason I love the new JL audio amps is because what ever sub I use it will get the full power from the amp.

it under PICS
http://www.myspace.com/soundcontrolinstallation

boogz 09-29-2007 01:59 PM

wow ur set up is really nice soundcontrol. i like the idea of putting another speaker in ur center console hahaha , thats just someting ive never seen before. props to ya.

pokekevin 09-29-2007 05:18 PM

that idea is crazy...nice setup

rye 09-29-2007 09:08 PM

I have a 12" Jensen 250wrms sub anda150rms jensen sup from WalMart! haha... Cost me I think $150 for both of them, I built my own box, and it sounds as good as my buddy's 2 10" alpine subs'...

soundcontrol 09-29-2007 11:35 PM

Thanks, its an ideaI've been debating over for awhile, and finally 2 weeks ago decided to do it. It was worth it. It really sounds good for an IB setup. It isreally good midbass that still gives strong lows. Really blends everything well.

peternguyen504 10-03-2007 08:47 PM

i got 2 w6 v3 12"s jl audio running w/ 1000watt CrossFire ... holla atcha boi! [/align]

Black95Cam 10-19-2007 03:20 AM

metered my system at 139.6 dbs on audio control.. soon enough i'll be in the high 140s to low 150s on audio control.

soundcontrol 10-19-2007 10:55 AM

What do you plan on doing to gain another 10 to 20 db? When you double the number of subs, or double the power you get a 1 to 3 db gain.1 to 2 dbbeing normal and 3 db being a best case scenario. 10 to 20 more dbs would be very expensive.

Black95Cam 10-19-2007 05:20 PM

i have plenty of upgrades to do still. i mean 500 watt and 2 12s in a custom ported box with stock alt, no cap, or any performance battery and i was able to hit 139.6 which was louder then a guy with kentic battery 100 hifonice amp with a 5 fard power cell and he only did a 137 in a stealth. and as far as price wise, i have buddy that own his own shop so lets just leave it at that.

soundcontrol 10-20-2007 12:19 AM

there is a lot you can still do, but even at cost would be expensive. The other guys system in the stealth isn't any better because of a performance battery and 5 farad cap with a 1000watt Hifonics amp. The battery is great for cold cranking amps but will have little effect on the stereo system. The cap will help some with lights diming but is only a band aid because it is still drawing its power from the battery which is charged from a stock alternator. A fosgate Power 500.1 BD is fused at 100amps and will put out over 1000watts, the hifonics 1000D is fused around 80amps and will max out at 1000watts.

For a 150 DB car you would ideally need to dynamat your car, the whole inside of your car with at least a couple of layers. Then you'd want to wall off the inside of your car for the enclosure. Either at the rear seats with the opening to the trunk, or directly behind your front seats. Then your ready for your large ported box and extra batteries and amps. All of thatis very expensive, even at cost. Plus not very practical for an every day driver.

If you get a chance go to a USAC or IASCA sound compation and see the cars there that are doing 145+ DB and what they look like. I'm not trying to discourage you, but there is a lot more to it then people tend to think.

Black95Cam 10-20-2007 12:31 AM

um i am going to dynamat my car.. but as a full time students its hard to squeeze in time to do that kind of stuff. and i know them comp car look like. i have a friend thats does it with his tundra. he hit 147.6 on term lab. i seen what he has done and shared his build with me. and my buddy who own his shop also has he own comp car a civic hatch to be exact. my amp is 500.2 fused at 80 amp. and who said i was going for SQ? i may not know as much as you do, but i know enough that i know what is right and what is wrong. im not going enter my car into comp or metered it with a term lab. im just going with audio control which measure the air pressure which im going for. so therefore its much easier to hit a higher number then term lab which measure the quality. yes this is my daily driver. and who said i was gonna be going around town with up all the time?

and like i tell people, if you dont have the money then slowly build up and take your time doing it right the first time. thats why im slowy progressing my way up. one item by item im upgrading when i have the money and time.

soundcontrol 10-20-2007 12:43 AM

"and who said i was gonna be going around town with up all the time?" I dont know, who?

"and who said i was going for SQ?" I still don't know, who?

Black95Cam 10-20-2007 01:20 AM

"Plus not very practical for an every day driver." hmm.. heard of bass knob?

and like it seem like you dont knowthe different between term lab and audio control metering system. on term lab, its cost a **** load to get in to the 150 dbs but on audio control its not as hard. 1320 watts rms to 2 15s in a custom tuned ported box hits 155+ with ease. so if you think about it, i have half the power and 12s instead of 15s with less modding done to mine car. so if i was to do the same mods as my friend did i could do at least mid to high 140 dbs easily maybe even tap the 150 dbs if lucky enough. and like i said, i may not know as much you do, but i know enough to not **** anything up.. and if i do run into troubles, i have reliable sources to fall back on.

Term Lab = SQ (Sound Quality)
Audio Control = SPL (Sound Pressure Level) <--- the one im going for...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...5071615a-1.jpg
meter my car on audio control BEFORE i got the cap. with stock alt.

nothing speical but that little set up cost me about $700 brand new everything. and being able to hit 139.6 dbs with 500 watts in a sedan is not bad.

soundcontrol 10-20-2007 01:16 PM

Looks nice, my reference to daily driver has nothing to do with how loud your systems is, or turning the bass up and down. (Yes I've heard of a bass knob, and volume control, and having a radio with subout control, and said radio that can turn subs off and on) Its in reference to the mods made to a vehicle in order to achieve higher SPL for competition purposes. I also don't understand why you assume termlab has to do with sound quality/SQ.Sound is measured in DB and weather it is for SQ systems who get points for every DB over 130 orSPL vehicles that go for maximum DBit is still the same. An offical reading taken from the dash with said mic. When you said you wanted to get 150DB I assumed you ment for competition purposes or offa competition setup. Not onwhatever audiocontrol setup you are using. The pictures included would be of said comp vehicles for SPL that average 148-155DBs

[IMG]local://upfiles/3998/C0C44A48513B41F98E864D679B09EDF6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3998/AA99D8D00EFE445B8E6F60CFB69D21CF.jpg[/IMG]

soundcontrol 10-20-2007 01:22 PM

termlab it didn't mention sound quality. It is used by DB Drag, MECA, NSPL(national sound pressure league), and USACI as there offical meter.

The Term-LAB USB system is a precision measurement instrument that utilizes a combination of hardware and software technology to measure the sound intensity inside of a vehicle. (Term-LAB requires a PC or laptop for operation.)

Term-LAB is based on award winning innovative technology that changes the way sound is measured inside a car. The heart of the system is the Precision SPL Sensor that attaches to the inside of the windshield with two suction cups. This attachment method alleviates the need for bulky microphone stands. In addition, the Precision SPL Sensor is based on Sensor Technology instead of the antiquated microphone capsules that have been used in the past.

Black95Cam 10-20-2007 01:46 PM

the reason why i mention teh diference between SQ and SPL cause usually a car will meter higher on a SPL then it does on SQ. for instace my friend's tundra. he hit his 155+ on SPL but does a 147 on SQ. and he have twice as much power and mods then i do and its his daily driver too.. so if i was to get near what he has done to his, i might be able to hit in the 140s rang. and when i metered my car i wasnt using a tone disk, took a song and played it till it peaked thus 139.6. so if i was using a tone disk at my frequence then i would of been in the low 140s with my set up already. so if was to double my wattages and up the level on my subs/wires to awg/alt/battery, then i should be too far away from 150 dbs..

and here is my buddy's tundra.
http://b7.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/0...16060337_l.jpg

Dave_Edwards 12-03-2007 11:12 PM

After I am done I will show you all my install..........hehe

moh.vze.com 01-08-2008 10:58 PM

1999 Camry xle v6

System: elemental Designs
(2) eD 13Kv.2 + (1) Nine.2x [600 watt rms total]
DLS MS6A Components + NIne.2 [100 watts to each speaker]
Kenwood MP5032 Headunit

http://www.makersofheaven.net/%7Eima...image020-1.jpg
http://www.makersofheaven.net/%7Eima...image028-1.jpg
http://www.makersofheaven.net/%7Eima...m/IMG_3564.jpg
http://www.makersofheaven.net/%7Eima...m/IMG_3565.jpg
http://www.makersofheaven.net/%7Eima...m/IMG_3567.jpg
http://www.makersofheaven.net/%7Eima...m/IMG_3568.jpg
http://www.makersofheaven.net/%7Eima...image029-1.jpg

donutgonuts 01-25-2008 05:54 PM

Just got my 05 Camry LE on 1/23/08 and I've been on eBay all morning ordering my system...

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891 Headunit

Kenwood Excelon KAC-X20 1000/2 Amp

Kenwood Excelon KAC-X40 800/4 Amp

2 x Kenwood Excelon KFC-X6900 6x9" Rears

2 x Kenwood Excelon KFC-X1710 6.5" Fronts

2 x JL Audio 12W3V2 Subs

Has anybody installed front speakers on their 02-06 Camry? If so, is it very difficult? Also, any recommendations on a box for the 12's?

Thanks,

-Chris

HAVOK 02-03-2008 01:06 AM

Without any pictures makes this thread FAIL. Post pics guys so we can see what ya got done. Thanks to the guys that posted but (no disrespect) we can do better than that.

camry1326 03-01-2008 08:01 PM

I'll takin the braggin rights for the best system, I manage a car audio shop so i have a slight advantage.

Alpine w205
Alpine Blackbird Navi
Alpine 701 5.1 dolby digital processor
MBQuart PCE-216 fronts
MBQuart RCE-269 rears
Alpine Single Din Center Channel
Jl Audio 1000/1
Jl Audio 300/2
Jl Audio 300/4
2 Jl Audio 13w6v2 in custom box
Stinger 30 Farad Cap
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Alpine Pkg-1000, 10.2 inch Dropdown
4 Bulk Packs of Dynamat

It Hits 162 db's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmrsnr303 03-02-2008 03:36 PM

1994 Camry LE: Everything non stereo is stock.

I am right in the middle of making some changes. Right now my Punch 225 '98 series amp is on e-bay and I just won an auction for: a Orion 225 HCCA gen one, Orion 400 BDG bridging module, and Orion 300 CRX crossover

I have a Kenwood Excelon KAC 559, has some nice options in the deck EQ. No plans to upgrade deck quite yet. I am going to put an MTX Blue Thunder Pro 504 cheater amp on my front stage for now, maybe try all four speakers and see how it sounds. I run a gen one Orion 250 HCCAon a single Eclipse Aluminum 88120DVC. I am in the process of purchasing another very lightly used 88120DVC (and my amp is .5 ohm stable so I am ready to go for the 2nd sub).One more for right now with more to come.On myfront stage I have Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components, Kappa 6X9s in the rear. I am in the midst of shopping for new front stage, though. I am looking at everything from:

(A)Orion Concept 98.1 (to keep with the Orion theme)

(B) Old School RF Fanatic, Polk Momo,etc

(C) Morel Elate 6 2W

(D) JBL 660 GTi

(E) Phoenix Gold Ti 6.5 components

and more...

Right nowI am leaning to the PG. I play a little of everything from country to rap, but more rap and blues than anything. From what I am gathering the PGs would be a good choice for a good powerful speaker with strong bass that is still audiophile grade. Maybe some new old stock like the RF Fanatic series, old Momos, etc, too. Obviously I have a long way to go to figure it out! haha. Some high end componentsjust don't seem to suit what I am looking for and what I listen to.

P.S. I'm under the weather but I will take some photos soon.

azngotskills 03-02-2008 11:29 PM

Im sorry but spending lots of $$$ and hitting the dBzzz is not the best system IMO. Those MB Quart speakers are definitely not the best (think Dynaudio, Rainbow, Morel, Seas, etc). Remember that "BEST" is an subjective opinion though. Check out this Camry setup and tell me your system sounds better than his ;) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2561833

ORIGINAL: camry1326

I'll takin the braggin rights for the best system, I manage a car audio shop so i have a slight advantage.

Alpine w205
Alpine Blackbird Navi
Alpine 701 5.1 dolby digital processor
MBQuart PCE-216 fronts
MBQuart RCE-269 rears
Alpine Single Din Center Channel
Jl Audio 1000/1
Jl Audio 300/2
Jl Audio 300/4
2 Jl Audio 13w6v2 in custom box
Stinger 30 Farad Cap
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Alpine Pkg-1000, 10.2 inch Dropdown
4 Bulk Packs of Dynamat

It Hits 162 db's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azngotskills 03-02-2008 11:32 PM

bmrsnr303:

Those Pheonix Gold Ti are basically rebranded Morels ;) I hear great things about the JBL GTi components as well. That being said, how much are you willing to spend? I would personally go with the Morels, the MT-22 tweeter is very very nice

camry1326 03-04-2008 01:15 PM

I will actually be installing boston acoustics all the way around next month. Spz's in the front and the pro's in the back should be a little bit of an improvment.

gonzalezjm30@aol.com 03-23-2008 06:55 PM

I just purchased a 2009 Camry SE. I"m going to be installing the following.

McIntosh MX406-Headunit
Boston Acoustics SPZ60-Front Components
Boston Acoustics Pro60-Rear Components
Boston Acoustics GT24-Amplifier for front components
Boston Acoustics GT22-Amplifier for rear components
Boston Acoustics GT24-Amplifier for subs
Boston Acoustics a pair of G310" subs
CompuStar 2 way security and CompuTrack tracking system

Dave_Edwards 03-23-2008 09:59 PM

Finished....the car was judged as an 82 on Saturday at alocal MECA show[/align][/align][/align]view all pics here [/align]http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/f...howtopic=15936[/align]since the file was too large to upload them here.[/align][/align][/align]list of equipment is as follows[/align]Pioneer Premier DEQ P9[/align]Pioneer Premier DEQ P9[/align]Hybrid Audio Legatia L1 in the modified pillars[/align]Hybrid Audio Legatia L3 in te dash(polyfilled and sound deadened)[/align]Hybrid Audio Legatia L6 in heavily modified doors[/align]Sound Solutions Audio Icon 12 (custom tooled for IB)[/align]Sundown Audio 100.2(tweeter amp)[/align]Sundown Audio prototype 1200D (subwoofer amp)[/align]Phoenix Gold MS1000 (midrange and midbass amp)[/align]400 square feet of RamMat [/align] [/align]

azngotskills 03-24-2008 09:08 PM

Any reason why you chose the Boston amps? The reason i ask is because they are overrated and there are honestly better amps out there for the money. Very nice choice on the HU and alarm though :)

ORIGINAL: gonzalezjm30@aol.com

I just purchased a 2009 Camry SE. I"m going to be installing the following.

McIntosh MX406-Headunit
Boston Acoustics SPZ60-Front Components
Boston Acoustics Pro60-Rear Components
Boston Acoustics GT24-Amplifier for front components
Boston Acoustics GT22-Amplifier for rear components
Boston Acoustics GT24-Amplifier for subs
Boston Acoustics a pair of G310" subs
CompuStar 2 way security and CompuTrack tracking system

zacknolden 04-08-2008 01:56 AM

ORIGINAL: camryd3

hey i just wanted to set a post just asking some of the installs you guys did on your stereo and who has the best system in their camry
just wanted to see who gets the bragging rights on nicest system
No one had posted their head deck pictures. No one would like to show some serious setups here. I would like to have someone to be my guide setting up my own.
__________________________________________________ ____
The latest bmw 740il fog light | The latest bmw 740il headlight