Detailing Discuss detailing your Camry within.

Thoughts on headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Default Thoughts on headlights...

I know someone already asked on how to clean the headlights, I saw the toothpaste idea, it actually worked pretty well. For the outside. Does anyone know if its possible to clean INSIDE the housing? would it do anything if I removed the housing and "swished" a little cleaner or something inside and let it drain? DOes anyone have any thoughts?

Old 03-30-2008, 02:01 AM
Default RE: Thoughts on headlights...

Wat toothpaste did uuse? Never heard this one b4, it worth a try i guess. I ask cuz not all toothpastes tha same

Old 04-19-2008, 02:36 AM

I think thats feasibe. you can put water with soap then shake your headlights. then rinse if well. then blow try it.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:45 AM

I was thinkin something like that I just didnt know if it would harm anything, you know? I already got rid of my junker vehicle, so I cant experiment on that [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 05-01-2008, 01:23 PM

Ive heard of people using transmission fluid to clean the inside of the lenses, and that it works great. But I digress, I have never done it myself, so I cant vouch for it.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:54 PM

Hahah okay well in that case, when I get the chance I'll start off with the soap and if that doesnt do a good job then I'll try traqnny fluid. So long as nothing happens that causes my headlights to turn into the firey eyes of hell [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-01-2008, 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: 94camguy

Hahah okay well in that case, when I get the chance I'll start off with the soap and if that doesnt do a good job then I'll try traqnny fluid. So long as nothing happens that causes my headlights to turn into the firey eyes of hell [sm=badbadbad.gif]
That might be a good look! haha

Old 05-02-2008, 08:36 AM

Haha true but the only way I wnt flames on my car is graphix. Ok, not really, flame graphix arent my thing Just a tuner stripe.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:08 AM

FYI, you can also use toothepaste to mend scratched CDs. just rub the TP around the scratched area to take down the edges of the scratch.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:59 PM

I think that some use some whitening toothpaste on their car some months ago when they had hazed abit on the outside due to the weather. I heard that it cleans the outside real good.