DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

92 Camry V6

Old 12-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Default 92 Camry V6

How do I remove all the junk from the rear (near firewall) of the engine?

Old 12-15-2015, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

What junk? Could you be more specific?

Old 12-15-2015, 05:11 PM

JunK: wiring harness enclosed in hard plastic and secondly a hose (hydraulic) running from power steering pump to fan behind radiator. Can I disconnect the hose and drain the fluid just to get the hose out from behind the engine (and later refill the fluid)?
Also, before removing the heads I think I have to remove the rocker-arm assembly, right?

Old 12-16-2015, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Removing all that stuff can be done, just be careful and know what you are disconnecting and where it goes. Avoid high pressure lines so as not to get sprayed in the face, etc.
You can disconnect the power steering hose, just be ready for pw steering fluid to come out. Have something to catch it all in. And, yes, you can refill the fluid later.
You should not have to remove the rocker arm assembly in order to remove the heads, just the cam(s).

Old 12-17-2015, 04:22 PM

OK! Thanks. Do you have any suggestions about the harness behind the engine? Any connection that I can detach to move it?
FF

Search this Thread