ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

05 camry ac blower motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Default 05 camry ac blower motor

Ok Im pretty sure its the blower motor going out on my camry...The other night I was on the interstate on a 3hr road trip to see family....about 2 1/2 hours into the journey I stopped to get food and was idle while eating....I turned off the ac button but left the blower motor running. Suddenly the ac kicked back on however the green light was still off and cold air started coming out agian I could hear the compressor kicking on and off......I turn off all the ac units (blower, ac etc) waited about 5 mins and everything started working again like normal..I could turn the ac on and off by the green light button and it would kick on an off...I figured it was a flook thing...

About 30 mins later the blower motor completely shut off...It was on medium blow mode and it was barely coming out, The air was still cold...I couldnt get the blower to do anything really other than blow lower than low if at all..I shut it off for 5 mins frustrated and just drove, After about 5 mins It started working fine again. Itll blow on high low whatever...

The blower motor has been making noises lately, Kinda hard to describe really but its definitely the blower motor. I can hear what sounds like a baseball card hitting sprockets on a bike lol...

My question is how hard is it to replace the blower motor, Is there anything else I should replace with the blower motor? The condesor and compressor seem fine. It blows out about 50 degrees on high with recycle on. Fuses look ok.

I know the blower motor is up under the glove box area, I noticed it when I changed the cabin air filter, What holds it in just a few screws?

Any input is welcome

Old 06-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

The car may have more then one problem. Is this a automatic or manual AC system.

Suggest first checking the blower noise issue. The blower housing is below the filter inside a round plastic body, held in by 3 screws. Perhaps something has become lodged in the blower fan.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:56 AM

Manual Ac
Yea I replaced it an all is well now...Fairly easy fix....I had to take the glove box out and lower panel beneath that and then a kick plate panel to get it out...Unless your able to flex your back its a real pain....Guess im getting older lol..

I think the system needs a charge...Its been 8 years an only blows out ice cold after its been driving around for 20 mins other than that it will blow cold just not ice cold...Ill check it soon to see where its at