ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

2000 XV20 Camry CE Keyless Entry Programming

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2023, 05:36 AM
Default 2000 XV20 Camry CE Keyless Entry Programming

Hello everyone. I'm sure someone posted same topic but too many pages so it would be reposting topic.

I received a XV20 2000/2001 Camry CE 2.4L 4cylinder sedan California emission model. I'm working on setting OEM Key fob I got from eBay.
Someone on you tube show the process of how to program( Open the door, key in ignition once, door close & open, lock 5 times, key in ignition turn to acc & off lock 5 times ....etc )
☝Those who look for this process, it is on you tube by search" 2001 Toyota Camry keyless entry programming "
Should pop up.

Then it entered to programming mode, just like a video ( which door lock and unlock without pressing buttons automatically )
I pressed both lock and unlock on fob, then press lock BUUT nothing happened.

One thing I recognize is, I have this red light and secret bottom under neath by hood open tab. ( Please see the picture.... )

Is this an aftermarket item or Factory installed when they sell the vehicle as option?

ONe thing I know for sure is, my ex-boss has a exact same camry but purchased in another state ( I believe Nevada. ) @ 3rd party a few years ago, But her car has exact same feature / custom as well as mine, so I assume that this mod/custom work came from factory/dealer.

IF this is aftermarket, most likely has to disconnect the feature in order to Door Control Module recognize the actual device(fob) correct?

Any advise, 🙏 thank you.

Last edited by camcamcamtan; 05-12-2023 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-12-2023, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

The system might be a Toyota TVIP RS3000 model. Given your model is a CE which is the bottom basic the system may be an add on.

Search the internet for PDF files on RS3000 and find a manual.

Old 05-12-2023, 10:04 PM
Smile Thank you Toyomoho

Okay I will take a look tonight and see if the panel panel can remove.

Old 05-13-2023, 06:12 AM
Default Update Good ? Or Bad?

Okay so I open the both mirror switch/ fog light switch & bottom panel.

This is what came...

Detail about what wire goes

VIPER 300 EST made in Taiwan. Manufactured By Directed Electronics INC Vista CA 92083 USA

It's zip tied but harness connected everywhere 😞

It goes under the carpet which is..... I don't think what aftermarket maker does but.... Device is... :/

Sad :
​​​​​​it was not Toyota VIP RS3000 device but looks like.... Aftermarket device.
I was thinking to disarm this device but the harness goes under the carpet 😭

NEXT:
If I take an easy way, I have to look for Key fob compatible to work with device?

If I take a hard way, disarm and use OEM fob.

Does anyone ever heard about this device???

Old 05-13-2023, 07:01 AM
Default Further tried info...

Blue and red fuses. Blue is the assuming main one, that also turn the red light 🚨 off off. Red is... I'm not sure, but it didn't turn the red light off. *** Red light is the one located by the mirror switch.

Indicator red light 🚨

So when the blue fuse on, red fuses on & off the programming mode still active. (
The one have to push lock switch 5 times plus ignition key & off process. )
BUT NOTHING HAPPENS

when red fuses only on, but no blue OR none of fuse on, I tried to enter in programming mode but no click no nothing, which I'm assuming unable to enter into programming mode.
​​​​

Old 05-13-2023, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

The internet is your friend here. Search under the brand name and model number to find hits as below:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...viper/429v.pdf

http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...iper/N429V.pdf

If you can not get it to work might remove it.

Old 06-01-2023, 05:44 AM
Default Update...

So I look for instruction so as price wise, I decided to stick with OEM fob so... ( I tried to activate with necessary remote but coudnt program... : / )
I dis-alarmed the viper 300. Marked just in case to plug back.

NOW, I tried with key fob setting procedure same as well as on YouTube

Reference ☝

......now nothing happened, not even a entering to programming mode. I tried several times, it was working with same step as well as Link, until uninstall the after market alarm.

Does LE or XLE come with different BCM or DoorLock Control Module?

Old 06-01-2023, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Camry of that year came with or without a remote door lock system. If equipped with the system it appeared part of theft deterrent system which had a theft deterrent ECU. If no theft system then no wireless remote. The doors locks would then be totally controlled by something called the integration relay which as the name implies integrates varies items such as door lock and power windows.

The theft deterrent ECU would be located on the firewall in the glove box area. The integration relay is behind the drivers side kick panel.

Determine if the car had a theft deterrent system. There would be a red light on the dash that blinked if the system was on.

Old 06-02-2023, 12:48 AM
Default No title

Is it stuff like this?

I looked it up but I'm assuming ECU?? That contains anti-theft??

the blink is on where tachometer located??

I think I saw a few times at junk yard....

So I have to get ECU parts from 4 cylinder model, correct?
Except speedometer.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure.

The security system is RS-3200. A well know Toyota product which thought may have been factory or dealer installed..

The CE is apparently the low end Camry model as in basic features.

Go to the website below and enter the cars model and year. The site has directions to program the RS-3200 for your year.

https://www.toyota.com/owners/resour...owners-manuals

Viper is aftermarket brand. RS-3200 is Toyota brand.

Quick Reply: 2000 XV20 Camry CE Keyless Entry Programming