ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

2005 Camry door locks

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 03:35 AM

Not sure what you mean by"Does this car have a key remote FOB" I have to keyless remotes. One is nearly two years old (Toyota replacement Genuine) and the other is original.

The problem only occurred when stationary.

I don't know what the cars does if i'm away from it, i'm not there so i can't witness those events unless it is only when i'm present for example the keyless remote possibly being a cause?????

The 2 back doors aren't used very much, the drivers door is the most used followed by the passenger from door.

I know I have a drivers electric window problem which has been for nearly two years because its too expensive to repair. It conks out going down or up and can take many attempts to get it to work again. It has a sick sound compared to the others. Possibility being a cause? Even thought he locking, indicators flashing and horn thing is only past two or so weeks.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

You state the system triggers when you do nothing, you approach the car or when the door is closed.

What triggers this, a problem button on the FOB, stuck door switch, etc? Or a random system malfunction in which case your actions do not cause the malfunction, you are just present when it malfunctions. It would have malfunctioned if you were not there.

Hence is it is something you are doing like carrying a FOB with a defective button that triggers something, a stuck door switch, etc.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:00 PM

Sorry,

it started when you lock the car after a few moments it would then make a unlock sound, then indicators flash, horn sounds.

It them became more frequent.

It then has started after unlocking, opening the door, getting in, closing the door, then locking me in, and the indicators flash, horn sounds.

It has once or twice during all this just walking up to the car doing nothing, not even locking or unlocking, it would unlock, indicators flash, horn sounds.

Illegally as a temp i've disconnected the horn, because I think it'll be driving the neighbours round the bend.

I did a test, i took the keyless remote that I use, walk to the car, around it, back to the house, not touching the remote, and nothing, quite as a mouse. so i went back, unlocked it, locked it, walked away, and nothing. All normal. So I then went back upstairs, and put that remote away, got the other remote, walked down stairs and straight away from just unlocking it just did the deed. So I think it is the keyless remote. I just need to pop in to Toyota grab a new remote (about $90) and that should hopefully solve it, I'll have to get them to set it up because i had so much trouble trying to do it the last time i replaced a remote. I will try that as a firth thing anyway, its a start, but it sounds as if it is the problem. Its the first car I ever had with keyless entry and the first time i had this sort of problem.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:14 AM

You are right I also faced the same problem When I had the 2004 camry. Due to that and after some more problem I buy a new one .

Window Tinting Pasadena TX

Old 12-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for posting back with the findings.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:16 AM

it turned out the problem was the keyless remote was being the cause, I smashed it and threw it away and no problem since. Never had a keyless remote car before this one so I wasn't aware. I was gonna buy a new remote but they are rather expensive.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:02 PM

Is there any universal remote that can be use for that?

Old 12-20-2011, 07:35 AM

You can purchase remotes for Toyotas from the dealer or from Ebay. Here is a Youtube link on how to program a new remote yourself.

Toyota Keyless Entry Remote Replacement Programming - YouTube

Now your problem with your remote is not the same as the original posters problems with his locks. You can tell the difference of a problem between the remote and the car computer fairly easily. Just sit in the car and hit the unlock button on the drivers door arm rest. If only the drivers door unlocks, it is a problem with the car computer. If all doors unlock, then try to use your remote control and with the second push of the button all the doors should unlock. If not, you either have a weak battery in your remote Fob or a intermittent remote Fob.

I still actively sell a bypass module to fix the doorlock problem that involves the Computer. I have sold many of them and have excellent feedback on Ebay about my product and how easy it is to install.

I have discovered that alot of Toyota Camry's of this Generation(2002-2006) have a specific door lock problem that develops. This problem occurs when an internal part of the Car Computer/Fusebox under the drivers dash burns out. This results in all the doors locking, but ONLY the drivers door unlocking. You loose the Unlock function of the Passenger side door and both rear doors. If this is your specific problem, then Toyota's ONLY Fix to this is to replace the Car Computer/Fusebox at a cost to you of $700-$900.

I have designed a Module to bypass the burnt out internal parts externally. There is no need to remove the Car Computer/Fusebox from the car. I include a detailed install guide that is COLOR CODED with PICTURES. The Bypass only requires 7 connections. I include all the needed connectors to make these connections. You can purchase this from me on EBAY, just do a search for "Toyota Camry Door Lock Fix" or item #280735700457

If you have any questions feel free to contact me through EBAY's "contact seller" link. This is the fastest way to get in touch with me.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Question 2005 Cambry Door Locks

My 2005 Cambry locks the doors on its own. Since it was new, if the keys are out of the ignition and the trunk is open, it'll lock the doors. Intermittently, not every time. Recently it started locking the doors without the trunk being open. Any body ever heard of that.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by fran37623
I have discovered that a lot of Toyota Camry's of this Generation(2002-2006) have a specific door lock problem that develops. This problem occurs when an internal part of the Car Computer/Fusebox under the drivers dash burns out. This results in all the doors locking, but ONLY the drivers door unlocking. You lose the Unlock function of the Passenger side door and both rear doors. If this is your specific problem, then Toyota's ONLY Fix to this is to replace the Car Computer/Fusebox at a cost to you of $700-$900.
This is my specific problem. Do you know what the part is that burns out?

Does continuing to use auto-doorlocks after this event have any threat of burning out the individual actuators?

Does anyone know if Toyota issued a recall for this one?

Quick Reply: 2005 Camry door locks